• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI-E Set Too High On Accident

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coach3K

Registered
Well, I'm continuing to tweak my BIOS and try different configs, and earlier today while I was doing some tweaking, I accidentally set the PCI-E setting to 150 (max setting on P5K Deluxe BIOS). I unsuccessfully tried booting it a few times with it accidentally on this setting before I realized that's what was wrong.

I usually manually have this set at 100 or 101. I was trying to zip through and make a fast change and fat-fingered something trying to use +/- keys to move FSB up/down and changed the wrong setting. Stupid mistake and I'll definitely be more careful. :)

Anyway, I got some boot errors and after noticing the problem, went into BIOS to set everything back to default settings - would boot, but would no longer boot to my Raid 0 in Matrix RAID. I cleared CMOS and it eventually booted but the Intel Matrix Raid Manager had to run a diagnostic on the RAID 5 portion.

I ran some basic benches/stresses, and it looks fine, but can I expect any long-term issues from having it set at 150/max trying to boot a few times? Damage to the video card? (Ran through 3DMark06 one run fine after).

Does that PCI-E setting affect anything other than the PCI-E slots?

You should be fine pci-e and sata are linked somehow. When setting a high pci-e i have corrupted my os install but nothing more serious.

Back