• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom 2 oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cain546

I have a MSI 880GM-E43 mobo and a Phenom II 550BE x2 that i have unlocked to a x4 B50
Its been running stable for just over a year at 3.60Ghz with "unlock cores" set to "enabled" and core calibration "auto" with the setting below it at "-2" <--whatever that means
the default CPU voltage "is 1.350v" thats at "auto" setting

ive run it up to 1.425v its been stable for over a year with a corsair A50 cooler at like 16C idle to 38~40 at load, maybe 45 while FOLDING with a 9800GX2 in the case

i want to clock it even higher like 3.8~4.0 ish maybe?
but cant get it to post, first i tried to up just the cpu multiplyer but it wouldnt post
so i reset bios and reset my OC settings and tried again starting at 1.345v~1.450v
and cant get it to boot at multi x19= 3.8Ghz

do i need to adjust the CPU caliration because of my core unlock? i got it up to 3.6Ghz without touching it

Thanx
Cain

The first thing I would do when dealing with a cpu that has had cores disabled is to test without any cores unlocked. Use only the cores certified by AMD to actually work. See if those cores would even overclock well to 3.8 or 4.0. The entire cpu may not be capable of an overclock to 3.8 or 4.0Ghz. That cpu could also be an earlier stepping C2 and not C3 and then it surely would have to be one 'gem' of a cpu to run the 4.0Ghz without a very hefty Vcore. More than you have tried to date.

Back