• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II 965 Running slow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Using a Zalman 9500 right now, and I have it set to run at full speed all the time.

I flashed to the F6 BIOS for this board (theres a F7B beta, but I don't know how that works), and I think in this revision they removed the TLB patch already.

Speedfan?

If you've got the Zalman plugged into the board then SpeedFan will adjust your fan speed depending on your CPU temp reading. I think it's on the PC Health (or whatever) page with the BIOS temps and all that ...

Oh, yeah, I disabled that right away.

For the meantime, the system seems stable for the most part (24 hours prime95 stable, just finishing 12 hours of linpack again and then 12 hours of OCCT to be safe), just can't trust the temp sensors I suppose. Seems like a small price to pay, but I'd much rather this be the problem then fried hardware. I don't plan on doing any crazy clocks with this motherboard anyway, I may pickup a new AM3 board over the summer and then play around then. This shouldn't be indicative of a problem with the processor though, right?

Thanks for all the help, folks, especially quietice, I really appreciate it, you fellas are the best!

Do you have an old IDE or spare SATA HDD lying around? I found that my temps for both my GPU and CPU were completely ridiculous (GPU was up at 142C and 3 cores on my C2Q were running at 71 degrees and the last one was a nice 4 degrees :p) and that when I re-installed my OS it somehow corrected itself. I don't really know what I'm talking about with this but I think it takes a reading when you first use the program and then all the temps are based around that reading?
So re-installing your OS or just installing it on an old HDD should eliminate that problem.

It could be the sensor is just stuck or deadid and there's not much you can do about that.

Oh, yeah, I disabled that right away.

For the meantime, the system seems stable for the most part (24 hours prime95 stable, just finishing 12 hours of linpack again and then 12 hours of OCCT to be safe), just can't trust the temp sensors I suppose. Seems like a small price to pay, but I'd much rather this be the problem then fried hardware. I don't plan on doing any crazy clocks with this motherboard anyway, I may pickup a new AM3 board over the summer and then play around then. This shouldn't be indicative of a problem with the processor though, right?

Thanks for all the help, folks, especially quietice, I really appreciate it, you fellas are the best!
Just double-checking! Sometimes even the experienced OC'ers overlook the simple stuff. ;)

The only time I've seen your kind of readings from the core is when someone unlocks cores on an X2 or X3 - and it always happens when they do that, it's just part of running the CPU outside the factory configuration. In your case I'm not sure what's causing it but coupled with the fact that your board temps are messed up, too, I'd say it's not the CPU ...

Back