• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me to build a TEC system from my Antec 3700 AMB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rickyman

TEC/Peltier + Active Water: A water-cooling setup with the inclusion of a Thermo-electric Cooling unit or TEC. When an electric current it ran through the TEC it drops to sub-zero temperatures on one side while heating up the other. The difficulty comes in insulating your system from condensation and powering the TEC itself. Most TEC's will require their own power-supply to work effectively. There is also the issue of cooling the hot side of the TEC itself, this is usually accomplished with a Active Water system due to the fact that a Active Air solution would not be able to dissipate enough heat risking destruction of the computer.
Advantages: Sub-zero CPU load temps, quiet.
Disadvantages: Condensation, huge power requirement, moderately difficult to setup.
Required Materials: Appropiate Peltier/TEC's. a second PSU, an insulation kit, basic water-cooling setup.
Price Range: $100+ (TEC's & PSU)-$250 (with water-cooling setup)

i want this cooling system into my Antec 3700AMB. can it happen? if it can, please give me the detail how do i do it and please give me the spec. of it.

rickyman said:
i want this cooling system into my Antec 3700AMB. can it happen? if it can, please give me the detail how do i do it and please give me the spec. of it.

You will probably have better luck in the Extreme Cooling forum. Back up one level in cooling and click on the Extreme Cooling button.

pm a mod and have them move it for you

you need: tec block with cold plate, 226w tec (that's what most people use), tec psu (meanwell s320-12 is most popular), tubing, radiator, pump, resevoir or t-line, hose clamps, water additive, insulation materials, fan(s) for radiator, and the hardest part is fitting it all in your case.

Back