• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help With Routing @Home

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mad_Heckler

Registered
I have Comcast @homw cable and I would like to share it between 3 computers. I only have 1 ip address, and I dont want to pay for more. I dont need to have file or print sharing. Can and How can I do this with a router, what make model.

Thanks

Doing this with a router is very easy and basically does everything for you. I would reconmend either a Linksys or a Netgear router.

I have the Linksys it took about 5 min to setup everything and get back onto the net, the instructions are very simple and if you have a dynamic IP, which you probally do, there is only a few setting to make and the router does everything else.

Thanks for the info. I have a static ip, will the router take the static and asign dynamics to the computers?

Mad_Heckler said:
Thanks for the info. I have a static ip, will the router take the static and asign dynamics to the computers?

All you have to do is plug the router in to your modem, then the router will assign ip's to your computers these will normally be 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.36. It's very easy to setup.

I have a netgear rt314 gateway router and I highly recomend it!

Back