• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poll: Monitor Refresh Rate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is the refresh rate of your primary monitor?

• Less than 60 Hz

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • 60 - 69 Hz

Votes: 105 13.8%
  • 70 - 74 Hz

Votes: 50 6.6%
  • 75 - 79 Hz

Votes: 177 23.3%
  • 80 - 84 Hz

Votes: 22 2.9%
  • 85 - 89 Hz

Votes: 274 36.1%
  • 90 - 94 Hz

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • 95 - 99 Hz

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • 100 Hz or higher

Votes: 111 14.6%

• Total voters
jiggamanjb said:
I never look at dates :)

and that mouse pad thread I res'd is hopping now!! :clap:

yeah, but with a thread like this it kinda looses it's validity. I mean 3 years ago most ppl were probably using CRT's still vs LCD's ...but now LCD's have gotten way better for gaming and stuff so many/most are now using them.

1920x1200 @ 95hz / Sony FW900 CRT , No LCD for me as long as this monitor keeps working :)

JRW said:
1920x1200 @ 95hz / Sony FW900 CRT , No LCD for me as long as this monitor keeps working :)

yeah, that's one of only a handful of CRT's I'd stick with if I owned it.

But some day you might get tired of lugging around a 93lb CRT :)
(Assuming you move it...I don't imagine I would too much. But then I have a bad back :) )

well, that's the case on CRT's....on LCD's the normal refresh rate is 60Hz and that is just fine to the eyes. But I find on a CRT that anything lower than 75 is unbearable and makes my head/eyes hurt and can even make me sick to my stomach. But even 75 is the bottom of the threshold for me, I prefer 85hz or more (as i think most ppl do)
But 60Hz on any LCD is just fine, at least all that I've ever talked to.

On my lcd, if it is 60, i get nauseous when i play HL2. i couln't figure out why, then i put it to 75 and it was all good. i feel that 60 is better for lcd's tho. so i usually leave it on that when im not playing.

jivetrky said:
AT 1920x1200 (the native for my laptop and my old Dell 2405FPW) my displays would only do 60....but at lower resolutions they would do 75

same with mine, but i unchecked the check box "hide modes that this monitor cannot display" because the specs of my monitor say it can support 75.

Back