• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Max Payne =/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

I haven't played Max Payne with my new rig yet (primary in sig) so I installed it today. Well, When the first level loads, when the progress bar gets 1/2 way across. It crashed back to the desktop without giving any errors.
I'm using WinXP, and I tried with both the 40.72 and the 42.01 Det Drivers.

Anyone got any ideas of what could be the problem?
Thanks!

Thanks DarkArctic...I'm losing my mind, didn't even think to look for the patch but that did the trick.
Now if I could just get GTA3 to run again.....pretty sure thats a driver issue :(

if GTA is lagging you might want to turn off few features off one ever famous feature is that glow thingie (i don't know how to express it in words and i am forgetting what the feature is)

well its not lagging, it just won't load.
The RockStar Logo pops up...and thats it. The game never actually loads.

ninthebin said:
are you talking about the trails baqai?

and for GTA3 are you using the latest patch and that dx update thing?

Yep both, thats why I can't figure out why it wont run...guess I could try reinstalling it

delete the files in the /movie folder in your GTA3 folder. When you run the game and it pops back to the desktop with the gta3 window minimized in the taskbar, press space, then enter. I had the same problem, and anfter 2 days of emailing rockstar tech support that was the solution, and it worked

still nothing...After the logo pops up, it doesn't minimize to the desktop, it just closes =/

hmm - have you tried tweaking DX settings? like hardware acceleration down a notch or two?

also - try the forums at www.gta3.com I remember them having floods of problems, so perhaps your fix is lieing about there

Back