• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Problem with microphone during online games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alcaeus

Hello everyone!

I am having a problem that I just can't get my head around! :confused:

My brother's laptop is an Acer Aspire 6930 running Windows 7 Home and I can't get the internal microphone to function correctly.

(Here are the specs for this laptop: http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/0000/acer/aspire6930/aspire6930sp2.shtml)

In the Control Panel's Sound section the microphone is enabled and the green bars respond when I talk. I am also able to record sound without any problem using Windows Sound Recorder.

However, when I try to use the microphone with online games, the sound comes out of the speakers and no one can hear me at the other end.

I have installed the latest Realtek High Definition Audio drivers, but this has not solved the problem.

I am absolutely baffled by this! I don't understand why it works correctly when using sound recording software, but not during games...?! Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Many thanks!

several games or just one?
you may need to configure the microphone from within the game

Back