• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with switch!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thaimonk

Registered
i just bought this Gigabye Mini switch.. with 5 ports including uplink.. just wanna connec 2 comps and 1 laptop in my house but then it didn't seem to work!

i plug Comp A in Port 3! there were not light indicator i tried using Comp B.. also no light! then i use the laptop!! the light indicator came on! which is ODD but then the network still didn't work!! i tried pinging Comp B from comp A and other way round.. but then i get this weird respond!! 2 requested timeout and 2 reply! then sometimes it's 1 req and 3 reply.. etc etc!!

wat's wrong with it?!?!? :( i need help!! :(

Are you using the same type of cable for them all ? "straight though and not a crossovercable"and if thats how it is, why not try just having COmp A into port one, Comp B into port two, and the Laptop which is the only one that works in port three plugged into port three ;) Maybe sure they are all on the same workgroup too. I Suppose if you want to be able to get/put files from/on them all you will need fiel sharing enabled on them all.

they all the same cable and they are not cross over as well! i dobuel check the workgroup already! they are the same and i tried puting them in diff port and tried Comp A in port 1 and CompB in port 2 and Laptop in port 3... the problem with port 3! is it from the switch? or the network card in my comp? if it's the switch then i can go replace it!

Oh it maybe the network cards, go into their configuration and set their speed/duplex to auto mode, for example mine is set @ 100/ full duplex.

oh.. prop.. aye?

well.. compA and B can detect... but then it's not consistance.. always get dc then connect agian so ya.. weird man

bought it from this company.. a small company.. anyway he's gonna come and have a look at the network and the switch with that port 3 problem.. hope it's the switch that has the problem not my ethernet card! and one last tihng.. SOL means? :p

Back