• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Antec PSU's & Neo2 Plat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FINALLY got my replacement Neo2 in the mail, hooked up all my system + new Fortron Blue Storm 500W and I'm cruising again! yay!

Im using a TP430 newer version with the 26A @ +12v....seems to be running good to me. I just replaced my Ultra due to the fact that im seeing alot of people whos having major issue. I figured I would swap the PSU before I had this problem.

I'm running a TP480--newer version and I have not had a single problem to date. I checked all the O/P voltages with a calibrated DVM and found the +5v rail reading 5.00 and the +12v reading 11.92---well within tolerance. In addition I measured the vcore an one of the mosfets next to the cpu ( a word of caution if you try this, be very careful you don't short out adjacent pins, you will destroy your MB.) and it read exactly what core center reported it to be---imagine that. The issue I have is that the voltage setting in the bios does not yield the correct voltage as measured. Not a major problem just something to be aware of. As far as the TP480 is concerned, I can't complain about it.

I just got a new 580w PSU in replacement of my antec as I thought I popped my PSU, but found out it was my board, but looking at this new PSU it has labled 19a on the 12v line :bang head: should I take this back and find a PSU that has higher amperage?

Back