• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Bumble Bee by IndiMint & OLMI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

indimint

Greetings! :D

A while ago, my boyfriend (OLMI) let me have his old Chieftec case that everyone and their brother has (pictures to come). It was ok, but I didn't like it that much, even after I put in pink lights. I had to get a different one that I chose. After a while of looking around, I chose this one:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-119-035&depa=0

ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL?!? My boyfriend recommended it to me, and I completely fell in love with it. The only problem was that it didn't come with an acrylic window, which I really wanted, because I like pretty lights. Cooler Master makes separately sold side panels with windows, but they only come tinted blue or green. This would be fine, but as you probably have guessed, my case is going to be black and yellow! :O Since I had already fallen in love with the case, though, I had to have it, which meant a little modding would have to be done.

With the help of my boyfriend, the following list was compiled of neato mods we want to do:

• Acrylic window
  • LEDs
  • Stealthed drives
  • Yellow cathodes
  • PSU (sleeving and trimming wires)
  • Fan grills
  • Stealthed front USB audio thingy
  • General small improvements

I'm also putting in a new PSU I recently purchased from Newegg. It's a Sparkle FSP530-60GNA (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-489&depa=0) All other hardware going into the case is in my sig.

All of these mods must be done in the next couple of days because I am leaving for college.

SO STAY TUNED! :D

Cool, nice choice on the case. She shore is purty :D

I'm glad you decided to put in the work to do your own window.... it looks so much nicer than stock windows not to mention being unique.

Good Luck on the mods :)

Yeah, I've found more female overclockers in the last week than I have since I joined.

That brings the grand total of female oc'ers that I know to 3!!! :D

BTW, I know there are more of you guys (err, girls? :eh?: )than that, but I've only met 3 so far.

suicidalmole said:
whoa, there's girls here? ;)
*crawls out of the shadows* u mean... did someone say "girl"? i have heard rumors of these creatures dwelling outside of my darkened room, but was too afraid of the sun burning my skin. now i don't even have to concider leaving my room!

i would also recommend painting your PSU Black or yellow to go with the theme.

great idea, like how you chose black and yellow cause they are some of my favorite colers.
Shard Hey to all the girls on this forum, You are all welcome becuase you all look by far better then us!

lol amen to that i agree they probally look better to us guys but to them girls all they do is think there fat. hell they may think we look good, *Wisper*Which we know we do, :) j/k

So how is she doing? I want some pictures of this new bueaty that is being talked about. We need more things of such beauty.

(the mod people the mod...)

Daishiknyte

SniperXX said:
Lol. :p

Sorry I couldnt resist. :)

Hehe. I was only talking about the people chitchatting about how my girlfriend looks and about how there aren't many girls on this forum.

Daishiknyte said:
So how is she doing? I want some pictures of this new bueaty that is being talked about. We need more things of such beauty.

(the mod people the mod...)

Haha. I will be able to update with some pictures at around 12 AM Pacific.

now, you know this forum and its occupants... there all Forkin' Pic Happy. So, could you be ever so kind and meet there NEEEEEEDSSS...

IMG_0138_small.jpg

IndiMint and her new case. :D

IMG_0044_small.jpg

Neato Orange County Choppers seat that you had to see. :)

IMG_0051_small.jpg

Supplies for stealthing drives and changing LEDs.

IMG_0139_small.jpg

Sleeving and heatshrink. It's yellow AND UV reactive. :O

IMG_0140_small.jpg

The new PSU (Sparkle FSP530-60GNA).

IMG_0052_small.jpg

My dad's pneumatic nibbler. We will be using this to do the window mod.

IMG_0054_small.jpg

By itself, the pneumatic nibbler doesn't cut straight at all.

IMG_0059_small.jpg

With masking tape, clamps, and a ruler, you get a PERFECT line. :)

IMG_0060_small.jpg

This is the L-shaped ruler we will be using to make a straight line across the whole case panel. Without a nice long metal ruler like this one, we would have to re-clamp a bunch of times.

That's all for tonight. I had meant to get this all up before 12, but I ended up running into hosting problems, and I am tired so fiddling with URLs took longer than I had thought it would.

More to come tomorrow after I get back from Sea World. :)

Last edited:
Heres a tip, i know you most likely wont be doing all of you modding on the bed, but the bed carries alot of static electricty and you could FUBAR your stuff, just a heads up!

BTW that pnuematic nibler is a great tool!

P.S. Indimint is a hottie! (sorry had to say it)

shard said:
Heres a tip, i know you most likely wont be doing all of you modding on the bed, but the bed carries alot of static electricty and you could FUBAR your stuff, just a heads up!

or do like me and work with it all on the carpet. just toss the parts on the carpet... cuz carpet doesnt carry any static! lol yeah... right

Back