• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Bumble Bee by IndiMint & OLMI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BioTuned said:
pretty good job there....why is that most girls are very creative....

Well actually, I came up with most of the mods. :)

neonblingbling said:
Btw, did you just throw the heatshrink over the plugs, or did you like unsolder the PSU

You don't need to unsolder anything to sleeve your PSU. It's really easy. Just search around these forums for guides and you should be fine. IndiMint had never done it and she learned how to really fast.

for those of you who are asking about sleeving your cables, dont unsoldier from the psu. thats way too much work. buy a set of molex tools. remove the pins from the plugs. just make sure you get them all put back in the right places when you are finished. its actually a very simple mod, can just get confusing on the main power plug.

stikphysh said:
for those of you who are asking about sleeving your cables, dont unsoldier from the psu. thats way too much work. buy a set of molex tools. remove the pins from the plugs. just make sure you get them all put back in the right places when you are finished. its actually a very simple mod, can just get confusing on the main power plug.
Also, if you don't need to sleeve your ATX power connectors, you won't need to purchase any molex tools. A very small flathead screwdriver will do the job if you have one.

you actually dont even need a molex tool for the ATX power connector... ive done it with striaghtened out staples... but it hurts your fingers lol. i forgot to mention the stickers... call up your local dodge dealer and ask for their parts department. they should definately be able to get them.

OLMI said:
Does anyone know how much space there should be in between two hard drives so they can cool off?
it depends on how cool you need to go. ive got them stacked in my case, but thats cuz its all the room i got. if theres a fan in front of them, a half inch will be plenty... if there are no fans, i would say go AT LEAST an inch. but the more the merrier. i also try to mount them so i have a gap big enough so that i dont have too much slack in my IDE cable. i think it looks better that way.

Ok, it's time to explain how we're going to be doing the window mod. First, we will be drilling four holes like this:

panel1.JPG

Then, we will use a ruler to guide the pneumatic nibbler from one corner to the other, like this:

panel2.JPG

The result of this will be a nice looking hole for a window. The four holes we drilled will make perfect looking rounded edges, like this:

panel3.JPG

That's about it for cutting the case panel. Here are some pictures of us making the holes. Yes, my dad did all of the work. He's the best at it, and he prefers to be the one to use his tools. :D

IMG_0053.jpg

Here is my dad with the paneumatic nibbler. :)

IMG_0145.jpg

If you haven't figured it out yet, the nibbler will touch the ruler, so that it makes a perfect line. Here's my dad measuring the distance between the ruler and where the nibbler made its cut. We needed to know this so that the cut the nibbler made would meet up perfectly with the four holes.

IMG_0147.jpg

Here's my dad figuring out where to drill the holes.

IMG_0148.jpg

Drill press!

IMG_0153.jpg

A new hole!

IMG_0154.jpg

Metal bits!

IMG_0155.jpg

Jagged edges!

IMG_0156.jpg

Way better edges after using the tool in the picture. I don't know what it's called, but I can find out if anyone wants to know.

Ok, so I know maybe you had seen the teaser picture and were expecting something a bit more dramatic. The truth is, nothing bad happened. IndiMint was just really scared something MIGHT happen, but the drilling went fine. The case panel made a lot of racket while being drilled, but that's about it.

More pictures coming sooooooon! Maybe even a picture of the new aggressive fan guard! :O

Oh, and yes, I have a lot of the work done already, I'm just releasing the photos really slowly to tease you. :p

Last edited:
i believe that tool is called a hand rheem or something like that. its for rheeming the inside of pipes after you cut them to get rid of the jaggies that end up inside it.

stikphysh said:
i believe that tool is called a hand rheem or something like that. its for rheeming the inside of pipes after you cut them to get rid of the jaggies that end up inside it.

Its called a de-burrer. Ive got one at work.

We broke up. The project isn't finished, but it was near completion. I will post pictures when I can do it without crying. Thanks for reading.

OLMI said:
We broke up. The project isn't finished, but it was near completion. I will post pictures when I can do it without crying. Thanks for reading.

Well that sux bro but hey its a nice mod. Good work on it! Take your time with posting pics, we all will understand. :(

dude. im so sorry to hear that. i know nothing we can say will make it better. just keep faith that somehow there is somethin better out there for you. at least u got us. lol. were pullin for ya bro.

that hurts man
it realy hurts. dont feel pressured on posting. take your time and heal. you need it man. you realy need it. also dont harbor angry thoughts, it will only make it worse

but i do hope you can get this resovled. you guys seemed alright. building this computer and all. just is sad that this happened!

but i hope you can lead a happier life!

man, now there is the true spirit of the family of the overclockers forums! the extended family in the tens of thousands we may be!

hope ya feel better bro, like stikphysh said, we're all pullin for ya.

Back