• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Bumble Bee by IndiMint & OLMI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We're back together :OOOO She's sitting next to me and her case is in the other room. :)

Here's another update, thanks for waiting :D:

Here are some pictures of IndiMint's old case:

IMG_0042.jpg

Here's the front. Notice the star she added. It's a bandaid.

IMG_0044.jpg

Here's the back. You can see our ghetto fan grill mod. There was a really nice increase in air flow. It's also missing a motherboard back panel thingy and two PCI slot covers. :D

IMG_0046.jpg

A 3.5" drive bay cover is missing, and the wire to the switch to the cathode switch wouldn't reach the back of the case, so we had to leave it hanging. LLOOOLlL. Also, note the beige Creative dvd-rom :/

Now, for the modding pictures you've been waiting for:

IMG_0052.jpg

Here I am with the heat gun.

IMG_0055.jpg

Here's the result! As you can see, we used as little sleeving as possible because our kit didn't come with enough.

IMG_0073.jpg

Here's IndiMint using Superlock strips to stealth her drives.

IMG_0072.jpg

Here's my dad filing the rough edges that were left after trimming the drive cover sides.

IMG_0074.jpg

Attaching the drive cover to the Superlock strip!

IMG_0076.jpg

SUPER-COOL LOOKING FAN GRILL AND STEALTHED DRIVE!!! :OOOOO We stealthed the other drive already, but it didn't make it into this picture. (That's my case to the right :) I don't know how it got into that picture...:D)

More to come in a couple days :).

<3 the grille... Great mod.. i wish i had a gf that would mod with me...

Good work so far.. she has the modding soul... also i drool at your nibbler and drill press... i am stuck with a diamond cutting wheel on a dremel, and a makita drill with a lock to drill through metals that are hard...

Good luck on the road with her and the computers...

nice grill.. did you buy the mesh or what if you did buy it where?

tbones1337 said:
<3 the grille... Great mod.. i wish i had a gf that would mod with me...

Good work so far.. she has the modding soul... also i drool at your nibbler and drill press... i am stuck with a diamond cutting wheel on a dremel, and a makita drill with a lock to drill through metals that are hard...

Good luck on the road with her and the computers...

nice grill.. did you buy the mesh or what if you did buy it where?
You can get the grill material at Home Depot for a little more than a buck. Ask someone for a gutter guard. :)

i LOVE the grille. id love to see a closeup just to get an idea of how the fans look through it. thats deffinately goin in my little black book of good mods!

shard said:
Hey to all the girls on this forum, You are all welcome becuase you all look by far better then us! :)

I dunno.. it'd pretty tough to beat sandman01

Suran said:
Any plans to paint the gutter guard to match the case, or is it the two tone effect you're looking for?
We're going for the two tone effect. The silver of the fan grill looks really nice with the aluminum inside.

OLMI said:
We're going for the two tone effect. The silver of the fan grill looks really nice with the aluminum inside.
I agree ;) Was just wondering.

Have you given any thought to LED lighting scheme yet? (That may have been covered already, I can't recall).

Suran said:
I agree ;) Was just wondering.

Have you given any thought to LED lighting scheme yet? (That may have been covered already, I can't recall).

Well, the theme is bumble bee, so I want yellow everything. We bought yellow LEDs, though, and they look really orange (like street lights almost). I don't think orange would look that great in front, so I'm giving thought to some other colors (olmi suggested white). Do they just not make really yellow LEDs? I got mine at Radio Shack and they were clearly labled yellow :(

so that is gutter guard... hmm.. nice, thanks for the info..

More pix... or die.....

"From my cold dead hands..." and "Get your paws off me you damn dirty ape" -Charelton Heston

indimint, i would reccommend using white LEDs coupled with some yellow transparent film, the stuff that is like wrapping paper almost... you know what i mean?

The problem with yellow film is... er... air doesnt go through it. :p

They do make yellow LEDs. I used to have quite a few. :/ Keep looking!

Suran said:
The problem with yellow film is... er... air doesnt go through it. :p

They do make yellow LEDs. I used to have quite a few. :/ Keep looking!
i am not telling her to saran wrap her whole case!! just wrap the white LEDs... not her fans...

Back