• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Bumble Bee by IndiMint & OLMI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
stikphysh said:
or do like me and work with it all on the carpet. just toss the parts on the carpet... cuz carpet doesnt carry any static! lol yeah... right

Hahaha. I actually used to do all my case rebulding on teh carpet til I learned about ESD. After like 3 yrs I was lucky not to kill anything but I dont have much staic here @ my house. No matter how much you slid your feet you cant shock anyone... :(

SniperXX said:
...No matter how much you slid your feet you cant shock anyone... :(
And why is it exactly that you would want to do that? Hmmm. :D

Nice theme, if you have the time, you could try a bezel mod or a special paintjob to enhance the theme...
OMG, give the bezel insect antenna's and a big happy smile! :D

You could even paint the Dodge Rumble Bee logo on it. It would look soo awesome, unless your non into cars or trucks, but I think it would still be cool.

Heres the logo btw.

nvm pics not working now... :confused:

Last edited:
Haha. That bee logo would be cool, but we don't have time for any other mods. I'm not sure we'll even get everything done as it is. Painting would take forever.

Right now we have a lot done, so I'll post pictures again tonight. This time, they'll be posted earlier I hope.

RUMBLE BEE!! That's very nice, but as Olmi said, I don't think there's enough time for any painting :(

Thanks for the tip about the bed :) I'm not doing anything up there that'll cause a problem, but I hadn't thought of that, and it's definitely important.

Thanks for the support guys :D:D

OLMI said:
Haha. That bee logo would be cool, but we don't have time for any other mods. I'm not sure we'll even get everything done as it is. Painting would take forever.

Right now we have a lot done, so I'll post pictures again tonight. This time, they'll be posted earlier I hope.

No Time to paint it? Are you having to mod and move? You can always get her built up, and in the mean time decide how or indeed even if you want to paint it. So in the near future you can knock it out with minimal hassle, just my .02. Nice Mod BTW, after my GF saw the Zelda mod, she has been after me to build something like that for her, lol.

Hypnos said:
No Time to paint it? Are you having to mod and move? You can always get her built up, and in the mean time decide how or indeed even if you want to paint it. So in the near future you can knock it out with minimal hassle, just my .02. Nice Mod BTW, after my GF saw the Zelda mod, she has been after me to build something like that for her, lol.

She said shes going to college in her 1st post, lol. :rolleyes:

I saw maybe prepair to paint it and like on vacation, Thanksgiving or Christmas paint it. I dunno, but you could try to do it another time.

Like the weekend perhaps? Especially at the beginning of classes when there isn't as much studying to do. I usually have enough time on the weekends to do mods to my case...although I haven't done as many lately b/c I get tired of taking my computer apart.

Never thought I'd say that :D

reply, if you like that rumble bee, im sure u can find a high quality decal to use. thats what a lot of the ones on the dodges are. just high quality decals. that woudl only take a couple minuntes.

You could still just do the decal and clearcoat it another time. Or you could just leave the decal that way you could remove it sometime if you want to.

@stikphysh-
Hey where can you get them? Do you know of any places? I would want on, lol.

you can get them at automotive paint shops, or you can google for them, i would think that you could find them at some Dodge enthusiats store or something!

Hehe, thanks for painting and decal advice. I don't know if IndiMint wants to do it, though. Here are some more pictures:

IMG_0141.jpg

Sleeving! We used as little sleeving as possible because this kit doesn't come with much. The reason we didn't buy our own was because we wanted to get sleeving from Newegg to save money on shipping.

IMG_0142.jpg

Here are the front USB, firewire, and audio ports, nicely sleeved.

IMG_0143.jpg

Here I am, shaping a new wire mesh for the front of the case for more airflow, and a more aggressive look. The original grill is being used to get the right shape.

IMG_0144.jpg

The wire mesh will be made out of a gutter guard. It looks perfect, and was only 1.50 for enough to make three or four fan guards. It also is really easy to shape with hands if you don't mind a little pain later on.

IMG_0157.jpg

This is the new fan guard. It screws on PERFECTLY. This gutter guard is perfect for the Cooler Master Praetorian.

That's all for now except this teaser for the next update! :OOOOOO

IMG_0151.jpg

roflmao, i like that last pic! hehe

that mesh looks awsome! i want to see it with the front bezel on!

i dont know what you are talking about with "little" sleaving! lol

keep up the good work amigos and amigras!!

So much drama in the last pic, lol.

Man thats alot of sleeving! I would like to sleeve my psu but it seems like it takes forever, lol. How hard is it to do? Pretty easy right?

I also like that grill. I cant wait to see it with the front of the case on. :)

SniperXX said:
She said shes going to college in her 1st post, lol. :rolleyes:

I saw maybe prepair to paint it and like on vacation, Thanksgiving or Christmas paint it. I dunno, but you could try to do it another time.

*Note to self...Wear glasses when posting* :rolleyes:
I love that sleeving BTW, I was going to pick some up for my new project, how easy is it to sleeve the PSU? I am going to be using a TON, as I want a sano interior, but dont want to be working on that when I could be playing with my creation :p Looks good so far, and that last pick, LOL

Hypnos said:
*Note to self...Wear glasses when posting* :rolleyes:

Ahh darnit, well I admit it I suck at spelling @ times. I proof read papers for school like 10 times and still make errors, good thing I got friends that help me proof read them.
:D

Also, whats a "sano interior"? I havent heard of that before? :eh?: :confused:

OLMI said:
IMG_0139_small.jpg

Sleeving and heatshrink. It's yellow AND UV reactive. :O

That may be of some help.....

Btw, did you just throw the heatshrink over the plugs, or did you like unsolder the PSU..... I want to do it, but wraping electrical over all mywires doesnt sound liek fun....

Back