• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Project Log] "eNVy" - Custom 1-Off Parvum, 5960x, GTX 980s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MunneY

Registered
HOWDY!

vG3qmfW.png

So, its about that time of year again when I get the itch to build something. This build has actually been in the planing stages for about 3 months, if not more. I am going to keep certain parts of the build secret until i get to the point where I reveal them. You can expect the full compliment of pictures to be done, along with Videos where I can. There definitely will be one done on the case, and one for atleast 2 other parts :-D

I don't yet have the case in hand, but I do have most of the core components. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of people to wrap this up. Did I mention that this build is Sponsored!??!?!

HUGE Thanks to the following people - Parvum, EVGA, Mayhems, xD3aDPooLx Customs

Main Components:
Motherboard: EVGA X99 Micro
CPU: Intel 5960x
Memory: 16GB of something
GPU: EVGA GTX 980s
PSU: Undecided
SSD: 1TB SSD

Watercooling Components:
Still working on this, but here is a list of what I'll be using

CPU Block: UNDECIDED
GPU Blocks: GTX 980 Blocks ( MUST BE CLEAR )
Radiators: 4 x 240mm
Pump: UNDECIDED
Tube Fittings: Probably Bitspower
Other Fittings (Misc): UNDECIDED
Tubing: 16mm Rigid PETG
Coolant: MAYHEMS! Probably Aurora 2

Other Components:
Fans: Parvum F1.0
Cables: xD3aDPooLx Customs Fully custom paracord
Lighting: Unsure at the moment.

kn8aPvN.jpg
mWoodVx.jpg
5GeAv9e.jpg

Pretty clear this is sponsored... LOL...

This is about the 3rd Parvum build of recent.................................

Pretty clear this is sponsored... LOL...

This is about the 3rd Parvum build of recent.................................

Yeah, seems to be tons of us now. But this one should have more than one thing that makes it different from the rest!

vG3qmfW.png

UPDATE TIME!!!

So for this build I wanted to have monster power in a mini package, Enter the EVGA X99 Micro. Pairing this with a 5960x is going to give me all the power I could want and the form factor to keep everything compact.

So, without further delay!

K92xNtJ.jpg

GDmGM3j.jpg

1MP7CPz.jpg

vftdJKv.jpg

nEgNZXt.jpg

dVQJOcb.jpg

IbtBVxX.jpg

Vev9sHN.jpg

CZcQsPj.jpg

vrkPg3H.jpg

These last few pictures are also VERY VERY important. They will bring to light the first of the big surprises of this build.

GqDhsih.jpg

Three Full Size PCI-E 3.0 Slots... in all their X16 Glory!

x1Yg5gs.jpg

And the actual surprise?!

xOvG2Ap.jpg

Thank you guys for your support. Can't tell you how much it means to me. None of this would be possible without ya'll

And a HUGE thanks to EVGA-JacobF and the EVGA Team!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't the two bottom PCIe slots single spaced on that board? Isn't that going to make 3-way SLI difficult with those cards? Just thinking out loud, and subbing at the same time, lol. I can't wait to see how you fit it all together.

That is AWESOME.

Thank ya!

Aren't the two bottom PCIe slots single spaced on that board? Isn't that going to make 3-way SLI difficult with those cards? Just thinking out loud, and subbing at the same time, lol. I can't wait to see how you fit it all together.

Hard... No
Work... Yes ;)

Could have used the K|NGP|N and converted to single slot without any work ;)

Not on the outputs :)
Going to have to cut off a DVI port and shave the bracket down to a single slot.

That's what I was talking about. And like you said, there are other options that reduce to single slot without cutting stuff up, lol. Regardless, it's going to be a sick rig!

Could have used the K|NGP|N and converted to single slot without any work ;)

I think they are being watercooled anyway... so single slot with a block. ;)

Not on the outputs :)
Going to have to cut off a DVI port and shave the bracket down to a single slot.

That's what I was talking about. And like you said, there are other options that reduce to single slot without cutting stuff up, lol. Regardless, it's going to be a sick rig!

I thought about Kingpin cards, but 1. there arent blocks for them. 2. they are only EK

I thought about Kingpin cards, but 1. there arent blocks for them. 2. they are only EK

EK is already working on the block, it'll show up soon.
Just saying it would keep you from mutilating a GPU or three.

Couldn't he also used a 16x-16x pci-e riser?

Back