• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Tsunami Zen Master

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
no pictures of the bandaid (if any) that you required for your fingeR!!!!??

good work.

pauldenton, Thats exactly what i was considering to have on the side panel of my case in the bottom right hand corner of the window.Although without the boats. Unfortunatly I don't have the cutting tools required for that and I don't have the skill either so if anyone knows how or where I'm willing to pay all shipping costs and cover the work done. Or It could be etched on to the window which I could possibly do myself but I have no idea where to begin after making the template!

Unoid said:
no pictures of the bandaid (if any) that you required for your fingeR!!!!??

good work.

hahaha :D It actual required me to have a butterfly stich put on it as the blade had reached the nail and had cracked it. Fortunalty the wife (see avatar) is a cardio-surgeon so she patched me up.

FarEast said:
pauldenton, Thats exactly what i was considering to have on the side panel of my case in the bottom right hand corner of the window.Although without the boats. Unfortunatly I don't have the cutting tools required for that and I don't have the skill either so if anyone knows how or where I'm willing to pay all shipping costs and cover the work done. Or It could be etched on to the window which I could possibly do myself but I have no idea where to begin after making the template!
/B]

could etch it like this?
http://www.phlux.co.uk/articles.php?aid=23
laser etch like this?
http://www.moddershq.net/reviews.asp?reviewid=11&pagenumber=1

or could you print it on the sticker sheet?

dead_man311 said:
That is one wicked sound card , nice job on the cables they look nice

The flash on the camera makes them shine quite alot but in natural light the effect is much better as they have a more matt finish to them. If anyone is planning to do the same to thier card I would recommend only using insolation tape and working slowly as the heat shrink style requires you to remove the connectors to slide it on, yet it yeilds the same results so the effort isn't really work it.

pauldenton said:

could etch it like this?
http://www.phlux.co.uk/articles.php?aid=23
laser etch like this?
http://www.moddershq.net/reviews.asp?reviewid=11&pagenumber=1

or could you print it on the sticker sheet?

I had originally though about the sticker sheet but they tend to leave air bubbles and look tacky after a few months. I'm thinking of having it laser etched and I'm currently looking into that with Captain Slug.

Thanksfor all the comments guys keep them coming!

And here's how the etch design turned out after 4 hours of mouse drawing in Paint Shop Pro 5.
gw-gs1-g.jpg

and how it might look if it were side lit with a white LED and backlit with a blue cold cathode
gw-gs1-t.jpg

And just to calm anyones vexations over pixel sizes, the working image is 2000 pixels wide. Should produce a photo quality etch when all is said and done.
I'll probably be calling FrozenCPU about it tomorrow.

Edit: Aaaaaand, while I'm at it. Here's the Wallpaper version.

Click for big

Last edited:
holy cow! thats amazing! I was thinking of having it run along the bottom of the window so some of the design might need to be repeated but with that first wave starting in the left hand corner or the other idea was to have it boarder the the whole of the window but it would need to bend on the corners.....if you understand what I mean?

That trully is amazing though Captain Slug! Although hold fire on the callig people up as I might have found a company in Japan that can do it aqnd I will be talking with them later!

Yeah, I get the idea. Visually one way would be more dramatic, and if you need it toned down a bit so you can see through it better, I could simply eat the contrast out of it a bit.
I don't know why, but I have an aversion to repeating patterns since they're very "busy" to the human eye and might detract from your already very modernly style case and modifications there-in.
It's still up to you though.

The working image is still completely uncompressed so if their's anything you want to add or remove it's easy to do.

Man i still cant get over how amazing that looks! I think as you said aving it as a complete frame for the window would be a little to much, but i would like it to reach from the bottom left to the bottom right corner so having it as a rectangle in the bottom of the case rather than a square filling the case. (Does that make sense?)

It might require adding to the wave just forming on the right.

FarEast said:
Man i still cant get over how amazing that looks! I think as you said aving it as a complete frame for the window would be a little to much, but i would like it to reach from the bottom left to the bottom right corner so having it as a rectangle in the bottom of the case rather than a square filling the case. (Does that make sense?)
I gotcha. I'll start drawing in more waves extending off the right side of the image so you can have a wider window.

Thanks for all the comments and links on window etching, as I said the main problem is shipping to Japan, I spoke to a few hardcore shops out here but they had no idea where I could have this kind of work done in Japan, but the guys over at Frozen CPU are willing to ship to Japan! :)

Im asking them if the can also do custom fan grills I'm getting really excited about this project but new ideas keep jumping up and adding to the load.

I still have so much to do!

FarEast said:
Im asking them if the can also do custom fan grills I'm getting really excited about this project but new ideas keep jumping up and adding to the load.

I still have so much to do!

You might want to ask bozenago from Hardforums about custom grills. He does amazing work on grills, but the last I remember it was around $30 just for the custom mold to be made.

Back