• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSI Gauge as waterblock??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
less watts perhaps, less heat? no. that is 100w and 2 cores is it not? 200w total?

I dont really know how all the wattage converted to heat output works exactly, but I find it hard to believe the mammoth size of heatsinks coming from retail packs, or aftermarket; is not an indication of increased heat output.

also, dont think of me as some sort of fud dud, I mean, if you want to set out and redesign the world of waterblocks, get on it, and let me know who to make the check out to when it happens. it was a simple guy that made the whitewater block as I remember it. and look where that whole design concept has gone now. However... I dont see a reason to take 2 steps back to a maze design, or even a mediocre attempt at jet nozzle designs when you could get a manufacturer block for less than the copper in that auction.

pretty sure when they say conroe is a 65watt CPU they mean total, not per core.
i think high temps i see are from finally having a setup that reads die-temp. die temps look scary next to socket temps like i was use too.

i think the reason stock heatsinks have gotten so large is that operate much qieter than they use to, requiring more mass. and i mean have tehy really gotten THAT much larger? the fans have gotten bigger.

my whole point is that there is no reason why this dude cant make a decent block in his basement/garage/toolshed/ whatever. he obviously has the will, and hes looking for ideas. i guess "get a retail block" is sort of an idea, but he is trying to do this homebrew and i give him props for it! lets see if he can make us something new and cheap to play with! i wouldnt try jet impingment at home. but look at how the apogees are made. very simple and should be failry easy to recreate a likeness at home.

Last edited:
The TDP numbers are the total power for the chip. However, if you're going to run an Intel CPU at 100% for any length of time, you'll wind up with more watts than the TDP, which doesn't take things like folding into account. Or at least that's how it used to be.

I agree that it's still possible to make an adequate DIY CPU block. For a beginner, the point is not to get the highest OC or the lowest temps, it's to do it yourself, and by doing, learn. Even the people who designed the current high end blocks all had to start somewhere.

V3x, if your milling equipment allows, consider a pin fin design with a central inlet like the Fuzion. I've never milled my own, but this seems doable and would probably offer better performance than a maze. You might not get high performance on the first try, but i bet you can get the job done and have a lot of fun doing it.

Of course, you could just buy a Fuzion. It would probably cost you less than you'll invest in your DIY efforts by the time you're done, and it would almost certainly perform as well or better. But I assume that if those were your criteria, you'd never have started this thread. :)

Yes im going to go with each a pin style block or using channels, maybe if i can get some copper nails pins would be easier, but the way it is right now ill most likely be doing parallel channels. Can anyone direct me to the the dimensions of the e4300 processor (this is what ill be putting it on).

Last edited:
Back