• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about FSB and sound card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpyderMatrix

is it possible to mess up the sound card when ocing the system to say 192 FSB.

also could someone help me with this problem

my customer has a sound card an audigy card and while he is playing any kind of music the left channel of the card fades out but when he goes to the next music set via another level room or switches tracks he goes back to normal and it does this to every song could some one please help me

he could always try running it at the stock frequencies.
yes, the higher bus can mess up the sound card.

usually sound cards are not as tolerant to the higher bus as say the new video cards, but thats a problem that could be caused by the higher bus or not. first thing is trying it out at the stock system speed, then make sure he got all the adjustments fine like balance and EAX controls, and all the cables are hooked up properly.
follow the regular troubleshooting procedure if everything fails. make sure thats not an IRQ issue or some kind of a bug, test different drivers etc.

VIA has a good FAQ in the case he got a VIA chipset.

SpyderMatrix said:
is it possible to mess up the sound card when ocing the system to say 192 FSB.
What's your FSB/PCI clock divider ? Or do you have a locked PCI bus ?
Sound cards should generally support a PCI speed up to 42 mhz, clockledd higher they might get damaged.

its not my system so i dont know but the divider prolly is the 1/4 divider as he is using a XP CPU

Back