• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Thermal Take Volcano 6cu+ and 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Batman@

Which would be better at keeping temps lower on an overclocked Duron 700 (i want to run it at, atleast 900 mhZ) which would do a better job running it at a much lower temp. The 6cu+ has 7000 rpm, and the 7 has varible from 2900 to 5000 rpm, but i dont know which to choose, cause I heard the 7 is newer and does a better job, but how could it do a bettre job then the 6cu+ when the 6cu+ is at 7000 rpm and the 7 is at 5000 at the most?

if you really wanna go w/ thermal take get a 7+ but i would recommend getting a different heatsink like a thermalright ax7 or alpha 8045 (get the alpha if you wanna run low cfm fans and not oc). no offence but generally everything that thermaltake makes looks cool but is crappy performance wise

to tell u the truth, at where I live this isnt much choice other than thermal take or Stock, so i would think thermal take is better than stock :)

heatsinks

If you're going with thermaltake, get a volcano 7 or 7+

Three's an easy way to get the V7 to perform better, by making its fan run at full speed. The V7+ has a switch to control fan speed. It's better because its all copper.

Back