• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff G

So if you look at pcpartpicker.com and look up the GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, look at the image real close.
Below on the right of the first pcie slot, you can see it says Killer e2200. The Gaming 7 is supposed to have the e2400. If you look at Gigabytes page, the e2400 is printed above the pcie slot right above the Turbo BCLK.
Is there two versions of this board out there? Or just a bad photo?
I just ordered this two days ago (due tomorrow) and just noticed the difference in the picture today while checking my tracking.

Maybe an old revision or early press pictures.

Here's Joe (EarthDog's) review and it clearly has a 2400:
http://www.overclockers.com/gigabyte-z170x-gaming-7-motherboard-review/

I did see where his review had the e2400, but then looking at google for info on it I also found a review from Anandtech from 8/5/2015 that pictured the e2200.

They're on rev 1.0, so I'm not sure how much older they could have gotten. I'm guessing it's just an early build demo picture where they hadn't updated the silk screening, but I'd be interested in knowing for sure.

I left a message for Gigabyte too, maybe they'll respond.

Or just look at the giga website for the board? I would trust that...

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5481#ov

Stock photos FTW. NEVER look at those and expect them to be right. Always go to the source!!!!

I got a response, the board with the e2200 on it was an early pre-production board sent out to various places for reviews. It had the e2400 on it, just had the wrong silk screen on the board. The pictures made their rounds and some sites still use those pictures. Sounds like everything that shipped to actual customers had the correct silk screening.

One of my main gripes with FedEx is that they typically deliver to a hub 30min south of me, then drive past my house to transfer to a hub 30min north of me, then take an extra day to deliver it me. Today they decided to skip the hub north of me, and avoid the extra day, so instead of getting my new board tomorrow I got it today!
Silk screen shows the correct parts, as figured. Resized_20160713_114856.jpg

Thanks! Wish i could enjoy it, but as befits my luck USPS lost my package with the water cooling fittings I ordered. Board is sitting waiting on the cpu waterblock install. Eventually I'll have a functioning pc again!

Back