• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick led question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznboi64

I bought some LEDS for my car and it has 12v to use 330ohms, but I'm wiring them in series. The package has a 6v that requires a 100ohm. Do I just use the 100ohm for my wiring?

do you mean you have 12v LEDS and 6v LEDS? cause i dont know what the ohm's are for, leds dont need any resistance, just a certain voltage. If you had 6v leds you can wire 2 in series and run them off your car battery, or one 12v led alone can run off your car battery

I have 2 12v leds wired in a series. And the package says I need 330 ohms for 1 12v led.

well, LEDs are rated at a certain amount of mA. If you go to far over they will not do to good..... h/o, ill dig up a guide that can mayvbe help you (even though it is for comps, it can be applied anywhere)

to bump it up of course. Also, so that he realizes that I posted something else. I really dont like editing this kinda stuff in.

Back