• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet 1660 Super?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nstgc

Registered
I'm looking to buy a new video card. In particular I'm looking to buy an nVidia 1660 Super. I had been planning on another EVGA since I really like their support, but from the reviews I've read they are LOUD. Also, while they do have a fan stop temperature (50°C?), the fans also ramp up quickly after that which I've read is unpleasant. I've read that I can use the EVGA software to fix both issues, but now that Windows 7 support has ended I'm exclusively using Arch Linux so...

The quietest I've read about is Gigabytes, but I've had so much bad luck with their mobos I'm hesitant to buy anything from them again. Is there another option that you guys would suggest? Is the EVGA not that bad? Is the Gigabye okay? I know this is the "Overclockers" forum, but for a video card, I'm not interested in overclocking (pre- or post-purchase).

Also, I have a really old monitor that refuses to die (HP LP2465) and don't want to deal with dongles so whatever card I get also needs to have a DVI port.

I can't tell you which one to buy but I will mention that I have a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC and it is relatively quiet even during gaming sessions. There is no DVI port available though and since you're looking to avoid adapters it's not an option. Sorry this isn't much help.

Back