• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quiet SATA dvd burner reccomendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have an LG drive and it's dead quiet. Had an older Samsung that was really quiet as well. I don't think it's necessarily specific brands that are loud. My Dad used to have a machine with two identical drives, one loud, one silent like it wasn't even on. Think it comes down to the individual drive.

I've used 3-4 LG drives an all of those were noisy spun up. The samsung writemasters are really quiet and proven reliable.

Samsung quite? Really? I had a Samsung writemaster (Lightscribe) drive and it was noisy. It also packed in after about 3 months of very light use. My Pioneer DVR-216D is twice the drive the Samsung could ever be. Same age, much quieter and is still going strong after heavy use. Had a few samsung and lite-on drives die on me. Pioneer and Sony drives are yet to let me down, my old Sony drive sounds like a jet tho :) Still the fastest ripping drive I've ever seen tho!

Back