• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quiet video card cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

The blue orb on my ti4200 is just plain irritating as it's the loudest thing in my rig now and whiney as all heck. any good air cooling solutions and keep in mind the card is 315 core 610 ram so it needs to work well too. does zalman make a solution? and no my water setup will not handle the card too.

edit: i want to keep it below 30db

Check out this thread that I posted. With a little modding, this is the sweetest HSF for a graphics card.

I have one coming in the mail.

won't it be too heavy to be put on the card? I personally stick w/ the original HSF and adding PCI slot exhaust (32 CFM) right under it ... it keeps my GF4TI4200 stable at 300Mhz

nut581 said:
won't it be too heavy to be put on the card? I personally stick w/ the original HSF and adding PCI slot exhaust (32 CFM) right under it ... it keeps my GF4TI4200 stable at 300Mhz

Actually, I just got this, and because it is all copper it would be a chore to get it mounted on a video card. :( I don't know what i'll do with it, I'm thinking i'll probably end up trying to mount it or making a p4 waterblock? Hmm... Ah well, it was 12 bucks, and it is a good cooler.

i think crystal arbs are about 26Db thats under 30 liek u said i didnt know the blue orb was so noisy

go with a cooljag 1u copper cooler, u can get the new model at newegg

put a normal heatsink on the card and a side ehuast or one of these pci just make a duct for it. this would prolly perform better than u would expect..

I personally use a standard socket 370 heatsink with some arctic silver 3 and some super glue on the four corners. The fan is a 50 mm delta on 7v. (12v cools better because of higher rpms, 7v is quieter). Bbut when I get my athlon xp its all gonna change, right now my pc is almost silent. after xp loud as nuts. the socket 370 heatsink will work pretty good only downfall is it is wuite large and may take up a couple pci slots.

Back