• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R.I.P. MIIF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With Gigabyte changing your BCLK, Bus Clock speed, from default they don't support the problems your haveing even though you move your multiplier down to 14 so that you don't overclock the CPU, they only support default CPU settings. The only exception is memory timing and speed rated for the board, even that is a gray area and they say we do not support the memory your using so they can get out of a RMA.

Asus definitely sound better at supporting all functions of bios and board when you seek help.

Here is just one example from Gigabyte support.

Sent : 3/8/2010 13:00
Question : My pc works fine overcloked however if you pull or turn off the power cord it hangs when you boot up, then you have to hold the power button for a minute to shut it off then it will start up fine. Can you make a bios fix to solve that problem.

Answer : Dear customer

If you do not make any overclocking adjustment do you encounter similar results?
We cannot guarantee any results off from overclocking

Last edited:
Well we all know that OCing can cause a few issues. If such a problem was related to pushing your chip too hard, then I can understand.... but.... Gigabyte does support overclocking. If you told them, while using EZtune, with the processor at its highest setting, that you were having the same problem, then they would have no recourse.

In my opinion, they need to support their own software. Using that argument, they need to support at least overclocks using voltages underneath max. manufacturers specs.

As I have said before, its all grey area, and I would not accept, (We will not help during overclocking). I would still RMA the board if it in fact was not working as designed. The boards ARE being designed for overclocking, and I believe it would be quite easy for a Lawyer to prove that.

However if you RMA to Gigabyte they will only test the board at default settings and you receive the same motherboard back.:rain:

If you sue gigabyte for improper advertising that would be difficult, going against a big company like that would be very expensive and would take years.:rain:

Another Example of Gigabytes tech support

QUOTE: Answer : We are unable to guarantee any results off from overclocking. If you wish to sending in the board you may and we can examine for you, but do note that no overclocking settings will be tested. It will only be tested at default spec:bang head

Last edited:
Well, I think you and I are going on about two different things. I do not expect Asus to do anything about overclocking. I do however expect Sleep mode to work at stock settings. I also expect my CPU to work at 14X200 because I am not overclocking. Just because their default settings work, does not mean I can not use different settings and expect them to work.

I can always maintain I am not overclocking. I also expect the RAM to run at stock speeds as long as I am using the required voltage and timings, regardless of what divider I use. I also expect all 8GB of RAM to show up when I am running at stock speeds using stock voltages.

Now If I was having this problem at 1700MHz or my CPU was at 3.0GHz, then I would understand.

However if you RMA to Gigabyte they will only test the board at default settings and you receive the same motherboard back.:rain:

If you sue gigabyte for improper advertising that would be difficult, going against a big company like that would be very expensive and would take years.:rain:

Another Example of Gigabytes tech support

QUOTE: Answer : We are unable to guarantee any results off from overclocking. If you wish to sending in the board you may and we can examine for you, but do note that no overclocking settings will be tested. It will only be tested at default spec:bang head

I'm RMA'ing for the first time with gigabyte right now...
my HTPC board died when the power went out during a storm and took the memory controller with it...
I mailed the board on the 29th of April and still waiting for a response, no email no go fork yourself... nothing. Asus will atleast keep you up to date and the turn around time is rather fast. Asus will warranty boards they really could deny but they choose to let them pass, ppl complain about Asus all the time and I guess I do too some times but when it comes to standing behind there product they really shine.

Back