• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9900 and 9900 Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Is ATI bringing something new to the table at E3 or are they gonna give Intel all the glory with the FX 5900 and 5900 Ultra?

The Radeon 9900 is supposed to be clocked at 400MHz with 800MHz DDR Ram.

The Radeon 9900 Pro was supposed to have GDDR2 memory, can anyone still confirm this which was supposed to run at 1.2GHz or 1.6GHz. And the core was supposed to run at 425MHz.

Man, that 9900 Pro is looking better and better.

OC-Master

I don't think the R390/420 will be ready by E3. However, I do think ATI is sitting on a new driver that they're hoping to spoil Nvidia's release, much like the nVidia did at the release of the R8500.

What's even more surpising to me, is that all these cards, the R9800PRO, NV35, and even R390, are all just minor steps ahead of the good old R9700PRO. Man, that card really spoiled what I now expect out of a new top of the line GPU release;)

OC-Master said:
Is ATI bringing something new to the table at E3 or are they gonna give Intel all the glory with the FX 5900 and 5900 Ultra?

Wow even intel is getting into the high end vid card market now eh...? :D

Re: Re: Radeon 9900 and 9900 Pro?

Mr.Guvernment said:

OC-Master said:

Wow even intel is getting into the high end vid card market now eh...? :D

Can't Intel be sued for using the same model names as NVidia? :D :p

Haven't you heard? Intel bought out nVidia, and will be marketing their own line of overpriced GPUs under the FX name, to go along with their overpriced CPUs; Also, though they are still providing driver updates for older nVidia video cards, the new drivers will refuse to install on any non-Intel-based system.

FleshEating Bob said:
Haven't you heard? Intel bought out nVidia, and will be marketing their own line of overpriced GPUs under the FX name, to go along with their overpriced CPUs; Also, though they are still providing driver updates for older nVidia video cards, the new drivers will refuse to install on any non-Intel-based system.

you had me til the last sentence. i was scared.

EDIT: i dont wanna look like an idiot, so is all of that sarcasm? or is part of it actually true

yeah but..... i dont know. all the big fishies are eating the little(er) fishies these days who knows, nvidia may be bought by intel and amd buys ati. now that would be interesting!

Xevuhtess7 said:
yeah but..... i dont know. all the big fishies are eating the little(er) fishies these days who knows, nvidia may be bought by intel and amd buys ati. now that would be interesting!

But at least we would know that ati is in good hands...heh.

Back