• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID 0 2 x 1TB Samsung 840's or.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

My main drive is a Samsung 1 TB 960 Pro. Should I RAID 0 my two 840's, just so it is only one drive (not for speed) or keep them separate and use one to keep a cloned version of my M2? I keep regular backups to my cloud drive, but it seems like it would be easier in case of a catastrophe to keep an up to date cloned drive and turn off that SATA port when not cloning.

S_I_N

raid them puppies I have 2 m.2's in raid xero prior to that I ran 2 ssd's in raid 0 these are for my main drive not spare drives I've in my 20+ years of using raid 0 have never had an issue with raid 0 except for when it comes to updating the firmware then they have to be un raided.

OP
Daddyjaxx

Daddyjaxx

I decided to RAID them. My connection to my cloud drive is so fast, it doesn't take long to backup. I only backup my OS drive. Worse comes to worse, I can just download the games again. No sense backing them up wasting all that space.

OP
Daddyjaxx

Daddyjaxx

Sure, but then you would have a RAID drive with 240GB. They need to be preferably the same drives in type and size, but I have a RAID with a WD and Seagate 4TB drives. If they aren't the same size, the RAID takes the size of the smallest drive x 2 and the slowest speed.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
omg i remember how fast my raid 0 of two OCZ agility drives were back in the day. windows xp loaded so fast vs non-raided drives... now current drives unraided load as fast as those raided drives, how far ssd's have come. shocked samsung hasnt done another how fast is 10(or was it 12, i forget) raided drives video again with the 850's.