• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid 0 Benefits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Iamghey

Please excuse my stupid login name.
For a gamer, are there any benefits in running Raid 0? I think there's a problem that's related to the raid controller, and I'm thinking of giving it up.

The only real benefit to running a Raid 0 for games, would be that the games load faster, and the levels will load faster. Proformance wise, you should see little to no improvment.

Any info transfered to or from you hard drive will be faster in Raid 0. Once loaded into memory not much difference unless it needs to strore back to hd.

I personally say there IS a difference from non-RAID to RAID 0.....your system seems a lot more responsive and "perkier"....and as stated games + applications + anything loads a lot quicker, plus windows boots a lot faster with RAID....

Spec

Spec: Yes.. windows does load faster, but on the whole, the system will load slower cuz of the intergrity check ... thing.

I've decided to continue running Raid 0 now, cuz it's not causing any problems the past several days.

Back