• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

raid no longer detected after bios upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jclark

Registered
I have a p4c800ed with raid 0 set up on the promise controller. I am running BIOS 1011. When I tried to upgrade to 1019, the BIOS stopped detecting the raid drives. I no longer get the promise raid message during post. You know, the one that shows the status of the array and press ctrl <I> to enter config. Obviously without that detection I am dead in the water because I boot off this array. I even tried changing over to a bootable IDE just to see if XP could see the array, it did not.

I tried 1020 (beta) 1019 and 1018 and all had the same effect, no raid post message form the promise controller. Going back to 1011, or an earlier bios fixes the problem.

I have also tried switching over to the Intel controller with exactly the same results. 1011 & earlier work, 1019 .. does not.

I do believe I have everything set correctly in the BIOS setup and I have tried clearing the CMOS RAM. I also loaded the defaults for 1019 tried disabling the promise chip, boot, re-enable promise chip boot (just to see if toggling it helped… it did not).

I have seen several other posts of people who had the same problem but I have yet to see a solution.

Any ideas?

Go to section 5-33 in your motherboard manual. You have to set the IDE configuration items to ehnhanced mode, sata, yes, enabled again. then set up your raptor as primary boot device and hit f10 and reboot. i lost all my settings flashing to 1019 from 1016 and that is how i corrected it when i lost my raid and other settings. had to reset other overclocking settings.

Check, been there done that. One BIG problem, if the promise bios is not invoked during post the raid is not seen and therefore is not in the list of harddrives or boot devices

Back