• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAIDMax Case and EVGA MOBO question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pcmonster

Registered
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7041/powercasecordsje5.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6505/moboac2.jpg

Hi guys new to the forums, I would appreciate any help given and advice would be most welcome, first i will share my specs of my new build...

CPU: Intel Core Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0 Ghz
GPU: EVGA 8800 GTS 640 mb

250 seagate sata HD
2 gig crucial ram

as you can see on the pictures one of them is of the cables located in the Case, notice the "20+4 Pin connectors" called EVGA just to confirm if these 2 connectors are joined together then simultaneously inserted into the MOBO (which is the other picture), the EVGA rep said yes, these two connectors the 20 and 4 showed in the case picture with lines drawing them together both go connected into the MOBO, is this right? or do I just plug in the 20 pin connector? and leave the 4 pin conn. dangling?

My other question has to do with the MOBO CPU power Connector, Notice it is an 8 PIn connector on the mobo, but the PSU connectors in the case only produce a 4 PIN connector, i hear it is simple as buying a 4 to 8 pin converter, can I do this? or should I just plug in the 4 pin connector, I hope I didn't confuse some of you guys

but I'm not worried I'm sure you guys understand this stuff, I hope my inquiries will help other Modders as these questions are flying all over the internet, I tried searching still can't get some definitive answers, hope you guys can help me, oh and is 500 WT enough to run this bad boy, just wondering thanks

Welcome to OCF:welcome:

You would plug the 20-pin and the 4-pin into the mobo together. You can get an adapter to go from the 4-pin to the 8-pin for the other power connector, but some let you just plug a 4-pin into it.

Also, if that is a raidmax psu, I doubt 500 watts of their power would be enough, except to blow your parts into smoky bits. You would be better off buying a good power supply from a different company.

thanks guys I took your advice, the case rocks, the fans, the doors, everything, except for the PSU, so I bought a 600 Ultra Xfinity which got good reviews, we'll see how that goes, this is my first PC build, I'm making it a good one hopefully thanks :)

Back