• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram fan recommendations...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrKillington

First off: I'm MrKillington, and I'm a computer-aholic.
forum goers: Hi MrKillington!
Anyway... does anyone here have experience with ram cooling devices? I have a really insane problem involving ram... my comp crashes miserably whenever I do ram intensive stuff (games, vid editing) and I solved the problem by playing around with timing, but it still happens every so often (if I don't reboot for a week or so). Since I'm insane and I demand needless expense, I'm thinking about buying some RAM fans... I'm just wondering if these have any use at all, and if anyone can recommend something... mostly I just think they look cool, I know it's sad.;)

i had the thermaltake active cooling kit on some samsung ddr333's. With them on i got up to 177mhz but with them off i got 183. Since you're not turning off your computer for such a long time, maybe ou're just running out of ram...eg: drivers not being unloaded from the memory

probably have better luck hooking up your own fan over your ram than buying the thermaltake active thing. I think those things are bs, but i haven't had any personal experience with them to prove it.

Back