• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Relation between motherboard and GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OliD

Hi! How true are the rumors about motherboard better to be made by the same manufacturer as the GPU? That is what I read and it was something about improved performance. I am on the verge of changing my CPU and motherboard but my GPU stays put. It is NVidia chip by Gigabyte. So, should I be looking for Gigabyte motherboard as well? Are the profits real? Is it really improved performance (like in dual RAM placing) or is it merely a trick of a light?

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge the only benefit to using all the same brand is aesthetics. Performance will be based solely on the individual products specs.

I will say, however, if you have good fortune with brand "X" and really like their customer service, warranty, or whatever, there is nothing wrong with sticking with that company. It's my belief the term fanboi gets thrown around a little too much. Don't be afraid of the internet bullies. If a company has been good to you, don't be afraid to be good to them.

P.S. :welcome: to the Forums!

Back