• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Revisiting SETI@Home

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psionic98

So I haven't done SETI since uh..early 90s when you used only a screensaver.. lots have changed!

Looking forward to posting some numbers, though nothing awesome as im lacking CUDA and/or funds for a CUDA card... so hopefully my [email protected] will do enough for now!

Gotta look over my optimizer though, cant tell if it took or not.

Anyways, hi!

Hey! Welcome to OC*SETI! :)

You can check if you machine is running the optimizer by opening Task Manager's Processes tab and looking at the program name that's taking up all your CPU time. For an i7 it should say something like AK_v8_win_SSE41.exe or something like that ... :)

must not have taken then.. i got a ton of setiathome_6.03_windows_intelx86.exe*32 running, 8 of em for each thread?

also bionic.exe and bionicmanager.exe

gotta redo the steps again i guess

Got it now.. even makes my temps at 100% go higher!

before optimized was like 66* now 70-72*

wish I had a cuda card for the crunchin, but oh well.. every lil bit counts.. not looking to be all that!

I got a crappy amd 939 3800+ in the basement i might rig up to do to.. wont make a world of diff either, but its just sittin there..

My K8's run about 1200 RAC each and I've got four of them still running. It all adds up! :)

K8 #5, which went down last fall, will soon be replaced with a Phenom I and 8800GTS ...

wish I had a cuda card for the crunchin, but oh well.. every lil bit counts.. not looking to be all that!

I got a crappy amd 939 3800+ in the basement i might rig up to do to.. wont make a world of diff either, but its just sittin there..

I wouldn't consider an overclocked i7 "a lil bit". It should put up some good numbers. Welcome back.

Back