• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-Rig name tbd-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haturee

Alright, So today I decided to open up my Phanteks Enthoo Primo case even though the rest of the parts are not here yet.
Just to do some preamptive configuring and stuff.

I ended up installing the motherboard and an SSD!

The case is phenomenal! Hands down amazing. There is so much space its ridiculous and it just looks sleek and mean.
The motherboard I threw in it is the ASUS Raampage V Edition 10 (way over kill, but the board is amazing)
I love that it is completely open on the other side so I dont have to remove the board again to mount any brackets or anything. Huge advantage.
One down side I've noticed so far, which doesnt negatively effect me (Yet) is the fact that the extra 5.25 inch sound card that came with the board
compatible with this case. The front door is flat and the drive has a knob. So not only does this case not work with this, but it wont be compatible
with anything that isnt flat for a 5.25 drive.

I have pictures of all of these things, I just gotta figure out how to dumb them down to 2mb since that is all the forum allows.

I'm stoked to throw the processor and gpu in this bad boy, but I have to wait til the water loop parts get here, sadly.

I also in the mean time threw me secondary together. (The NZXT Phantom from my Sig)
Its running pretty great so far.... NZXT 850w psu died so it is currently borrowing my main rigs 1000w

Anywho, pics will be posted as soon as I figure out how I can shrink em up a bit :)

I forgot to mention that I took the drive bays out already as well. I'm positive after seeing the case that cutting out that Square above the badge to show the
reservoir is going to turn out pretty sweet :)

I was also very please with the amount of fans that came with the case, and how many it can hold!
I plan on running a 420mm rad at that top with push pull config and a 280mm rad on bottom same config.
With 2 fans in the front pulling air in, and 1 in the back to exhaust some out. I think thats the best I can do for this set up.

This case really is pretty amazing.

My waterloop is going to consist of....

Rads:
Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Carbon Radiator - 420mm
Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport Black Carbon Radiator - 240mm

Reservoirs:
FrozenQ LF Reaction 250mm Reservoir - UV Green Helix
FrozenQ LF Reaction 250mm Reservoir - UV Green Helix

Pump:
Swiftech MCP50X Exteme 12 VDC DDC Pump

Blocks:
EK-Supremacy EVO X99 - Nickel
Bitspower Nvidia GTX 1080 ROG STRIX Acrylic (Clear) Water Block for ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080

Still researching tubes and connectors :)

Feel free to throw your comments in!
Let me know your opinions and if I'm doing something wrong! :p

Hmmm....you'd think there would be a way to recess the SupremeFX box so the knob would clear the back'o the door.....

Okay, So I got some pictures!
20160913_191911.jpg
This is as far as it closed :(
20160913_191925.jpg
All of the space, it blows my mind :)
20160913_193336.jpg
Where the phantom is currently. The predator x34 is also an incredible addition.
1473643702073.jpg

Congratz on the new case! If you love it now, wait till you get all your watercooling in it! 40lbs for an empty case is nothing to sneeze at either. I had to make a custom dolly to be able to move mine around for future maintenance.

I have the black with white. Check Page 3, post #41 on down

That's a beaut!
Yeah, the size and weight is no joke for sure, but the quality is worth it.
I'll have to look into the dolly idea.

Thx! I love mine, just not loving the weight! In all seriousness you're going to really enjoy working with it. I've upgraded my vid card and looking into adding another rad for a GPU block.

I suggest you do build a dolly so it'll be a breeze to move. Your back will thank you!

Gotta love the removable fan grills for easy cleaning too!

Btw, welcome to the Primo club! :clap:

Yeah, I'm not putting it fully together until I have everything because I only want to do it once! lol
At least for now.
And yeah, they are everywhere! Its great.
Thank you thank you, glad to be here! :)

Back