• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA HDD question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exiler

Well, it finally happened. My Seagate Baracudda IV 80GB HDD has bad sectors and its only 7 months old. Only 16KB, but how knows how big it might grow. (Happened when burning a disc, could not read the file to burn, W2K took over and did a deep scan and found it)

When to seagate's site and submitted the form to get a RMA number. Now while I wait for the number, I just wanted to know if anyone RMAed a Seagate HDD from Canada and where did they had to send it? US or do they have a base in Canada? Cause if US, when I receive the HDD back, bet Canada Customs will be waiting to tax me for something I already paid taxes on it.

Also how did you guys pack your HDD to return to manufacturer?
I don't want the package to get damaged that my warrenty will be void.

As you can see all these are simple questions, but then this is my first time I am actually RMAing something, so I'm new at it. Also everything I ever bought never got busted, except CD-ROM Drives, but then their warrenty was long gone before they got busted.

i just sent backa segate 30GB, but i'm in the states, it went to TX. . . when u get the RMA from them the tell u exactly how u have to package it to not void ur warrenty, i think its something like 2in of faom all around or something like that

Back