• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Run Two Different Video Cards Simultaneously

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Damenshon

I was just wondering if you could for example have a HD2900xt and a 2400pro in the same system. The purpose of the 2400 would be for its HD decoding capabilities and the 2900xt would be for games and whatnot.

You should be able to do that no problem.

I did not know this, would Nvidia cards work aswell? Can you do ATI and a Nvidia card in one system? I know that sounds kind of stupid since you would have to have 2 drivers installed but its worth to ask :santa:

I did not know this, would Nvidia cards work aswell? Can you do ATI and a Nvidia card in one system? I know that sounds kind of stupid since you would have to have 2 drivers installed but its worth to ask :santa:
I had issues with running my 8800 and a x300, basically, the second slot was "turned off" if they didn't match. I could run a 8800 and 7800gt together with no issues though.

Yep, shouldn't be an issue. Only times I've run into problems is trying to put an Ati card and an Nvidia card together in one system... those don't always like to play nice with each other.

I use a ASUS ATI 3650 TOP(PCI-E ) and a Evga Nvidea 5200 (pci) together with moderate sucuess. The issue I have is I cant get CCC to work?? (or the ASUS Smart Doctor).
I use Ultra Mon to configure the two cards.

I have a Rad 9000 PCI in with my X1900 for my 3rd monitor, never had a problem as long as CCC is installed.

I've had a 5700 with an X1900... sometimes the 5700 would refuse to do anything other then VGA-mode(640x480 256 colurs)... but it usually worked just fine.

Mixing ATi cards often has good results, especially if they're the same architecture.

Back