• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra memory bandwidth test low?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
I get 5,580/5,503 at 250mhz FSB 1:1....that seems a bit low. Is it because I have GAT on auto? I tried changing it to street racer mode but it didnt work. Tried Turbo....still no luck. Any suggestions? BTW i have 4x256mb PC4000 ( adata and nitro ) running at 3-4-4-8

hi circuit how are u?? i remember getting a 6600/6700 at a 292 fsb with just the adata ram when i first bought it. i wonder if ur gat is fully on (implimented)? remember the 865pe chipset originally comes with it turned off..i would think a 5700/5800 would be closer to a normal bw with the speed u are running. since ive never owned an ai7 maybe someone here knows some little tricks..if not maybe in the abit mb section

Thats what I thought. Maybe its b/c im running 4x256mb? I tried running GAT, but it just doesnt wanna work. I think you need really high end ram for it to work and you cant OC.

CircuitBreaker8,
My AI7 doesn't like GAT on at all. Only time I could get it to run was below 220 if I remember right. Long time since I played with it. I actually benched my Adata at 294 1:1 3,4,4,8 with GAT at A,A,A,D,D and got a Sandra score of around 6400. AI7's ram scores will not perform as well as other 865 chipsets at the same speed.

Last edited:
I have the OCZ3500EB and AI7 board and 3.0c. The only way I can get performance mode enabled is NB strap667 a-a-a-d-d. The 3500eb wont run any gat settings for me @ 800 NB Strap. Running @ 236fsb 1:1 with 3.2vdimm and 1.475vcore :)

Back