• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandybridge Chipset Design Flaw and Recall- MUST READ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That Sucks! Well, wait for the new ones to come out. Vendors probably don't want to ship it now, and have it returned shortly after. It would be nice if they were straight forward though!

And yet again, another Amazon.com vendor giving me the runaround.:bang head This one, GizmosForLife, had it listed as being processed for shipping soon for several days now. I finally got pissed this morning and sent an email inquiry on the status of my order to them and why it hasn't progressed from that stage of the shipping. I just got a reply back from them spouting the same old song and dance routine about the boards being recalled and they canceled my order. I'm about to reply to them that I know about the recall and that it wouldn't affect my use of it for the foreseeable future and that I know that I can RMA it with the board manufacturer, but if they weren't offering them for sale any more because of the recall, why they were still accepting orders for them when I placed my order. And the pisser about this order from these folks is that I had to email them to find out why they weren't shipping.:temper: I imagine that if I hadn't emailed them, they would have sat on the order for a month or 2, until the new boards are released and then tried shipping me the board.:bang head

So in another few days, I will be low rating my second vendor on Amazon.com for their shenanigans with my board orders. The first vendor that played stupid with me was Triplenet Pricing and I won't buy a thing from them in the future either.:mad:

And now I guess I just have to wait until fixed boards ship out to get a board for my 2600K.:bang head

I feel ur pain.....everyday lol.

And yet again, another Amazon.com vendor giving me the runaround.:bang head This one, GizmosForLife, had it listed as being processed for shipping soon for several days now. I finally got pissed this morning and sent an email inquiry on the status of my order to them and why it hasn't progressed from that stage of the shipping. I just got a reply back from them spouting the same old song and dance routine about the boards being recalled and they canceled my order. I'm about to reply to them that I know about the recall and that it wouldn't affect my use of it for the foreseeable future and that I know that I can RMA it with the board manufacturer, but if they weren't offering them for sale any more because of the recall, why they were still accepting orders for them when I placed my order. And the pisser about this order from these folks is that I had to email them to find out why they weren't shipping.:temper: I imagine that if I hadn't emailed them, they would have sat on the order for a month or 2, until the new boards are released and then tried shipping me the board.:bang head

So in another few days, I will be low rating my second vendor on Amazon.com for their shenanigans with my board orders. The first vendor that played stupid with me was Triplenet Pricing and I won't buy a thing from them in the future either.:mad:

And now I guess I just have to wait until fixed boards ship out to get a board for my 2600K.:bang head

Muddoktor I hope that your or no one else holding 2500k or 2600k chips without a motherboard discover their chips have problems once they do get a board. That would be just fracking horrible.

OH SNAP!
Sucks for you guys..
I don't have any problems with my G31 chipset (maybe cuz its 4 years old and when it was made when somebody said "there will be a 6GB SATA port" all the people were all like "man quit joking").
Wanted to get a sandy bridge based mobo and a CPU, but after seeing how much problems u get for that cost its a little bit out of my pocket.
Oh well, hello AMD!
Good luck to you guys tho. :D

Keep an eye out on some of the classifieds on some of the larger forums. I found a Biostar TP67XE. Expecting it sometime this week.

Just got a hold of an Asrock P67 Extreme4 on eBay. I won't be buying anything else from eCost. They told me they had boards in stock ready to ship even called the warehouse for me, or so they said. So I place another order for a P8P67 Pro only to find out the next day that it is back ordered when I checked the status page. They never sent me an email on the status of my order at all and couldn't give me a straight answer when I asked them why I was lied to on the phone.:mad:

Just got a hold of an Asrock P67 Extreme4 on eBay. I won't be buying anything else from eCost. They told me they had boards in stock ready to ship even called the warehouse for me, or so they said. So I place another order for a P8P67 Pro only to find out the next day that it is back ordered when I checked the status page. They never sent me an email on the status of my order at all and couldn't give me a straight answer when I asked them why I was lied to on the phone.:mad:

Send Duke Nukem on over there to straighten things out. You'll prabably end up waiting like most others. Hopefully not tooo long.

Heh, the first company that I gave a 1 star rating to on Amazon.com actually called me this afternoon, apologizing for the order cancellation. He proceeded to tell me that Gigabyte had recalled that model motherboard and that Amazon wouldn't let them sell it. I then told him that all the boards using the P67 and H67 chipsets were recalled due to a defect in the chipset itself and not the motherboard design and that I knew about this problem since it was first published and also that the problem wouldn't affect my immediate needs, since I was only planning to use 1 hard drive and a dvd drive for now. And that because he canceled my order, I have a $300 processor that is a good paperweight for the next couple of months, when the revised boards are released. He then proceeded to tell me that Amazon.com itself wouldn't let them fulfill the orders and that a company knowingly selling a recalled product could be fined a million bucks per offense.;) I didn't get into it with him, but I think that is only in the case of a product that has a safety related recall. And then he got to the crux of the matter; my rating of his store.:D He was trying to convince me to change my review of his store.:rofl:

I don't know if I will go modify my review of the transaction yet. But I might, since he seemed to care enough to respond to my 1 star rating of the transaction.

Give 'em two stars then, but not one more :-/

Seriously, they should have immediately edited all their P67 product line instead of leaving it up sucking in more sales & CC charges and getting people's false hopes up.

Give 'em two stars then, but not one more :-/

Seriously, they should have immediately edited all their P67 product line instead of leaving it up sucking in more sales & CC charges and getting people's false hopes up.

Yup, seems underhanded to me. Its like they are hoping to get your sale and string you along for long enough they can ship you a board as soon as everyone else is in stock also, but currently they have no competition.

Sorry guys i didnt see another thread..

Go Sandybridge. It's an easily worked around issue.

2600K beats i7 950 up, steals it's money and pees on it for the same money.

I built my friend a 2500K on a UD3 and could NOT believe the speed for the money.
:drool:

Sata 3 isn't what the cool kids are using anyways. You have to use Sata 6 to be cool. :bday:

They shipped out to OEMs, no announcement on when vendors are going to get them.

Wow that was quick.

Yea I'm already having issues with the Intel SATA controller on my board even with only my Blue-ray drive on the Intel side (and on the 6gb ports too!!!)
Darn thing keeps intermittintly 'dissapearing'!!! Aghhhhhh!!! :bang head

Not only that but there is also NO support for drivers of any kind for any version of Windows Server 2008!!!!

Last edited:
I been up and running for a week or two, no problems at all using all the sata ports. Cranking it up and running fine! I am gonna hate the down time for the return trip for the repair, but I can run my Q6600 backup system for the time my new buddy is gone...

I just finished building my 2600k rig last night and currently using 1 sata3 port connected to a DVD-RW.

I think I will be OK without even sending this board back - we'll see how it goes in a couple of months.

Wow that was quick.

Yea I'm already having issues with the Intel SATA controller on my board even with only my Blue-ray drive on the Intel side (and on the 6gb ports too!!!)
Darn thing keeps intermittintly 'dissapearing'!!! Aghhhhhh!!! :bang head

Not only that but there is also NO support for drivers of any kind for any version of Windows Server 2008!!!!

Are you using all 6 of the non Intel 3Gbps ports on your Asus Deluxe? If not try using one of the Intel 6Gbps ports or one of the JMicron ports or one of the Marvel ports.

Have you tried these drivers: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...apid+Storage+Technology+(Intel®+RST)&lang=eng

I know the 6 series isn't listed, but that might just be a typo. The driver's I'm using didn't have it listed either and they are even older in date and version number than those available on the Intel site.

Back