• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scary google maps by ip address

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mine seems to put me smack dab in the middle of indianapolis. certainly wouldn't call that all that accurate in in this case for me.
(posted this from home)
my home ip is 76 dot 29 dot 4 dot 91. come find me :p

from work, it shows california since everything is piped through scansafe :D

says its about 6 miles away from my current location not bad.

With such mixed results. It is tough to say it is reliable. Even if it is next door, the veracity of the data, cannot be fully relied on overall.

The only reliable way is to get the ISP to reveal the account holders addy via billing or where the modem is physically receiving the service. for the time frame, the IP was captured.

I just did my mine and it says i am about 60 miles away from my current location lol ( u can't catch me coppers )
UNITED STATES, PENNSYLVANIA, PHILADELPHIA

mine seems to put me smack dab in the middle of indianapolis. certainly wouldn't call that all that accurate in in this case for me.
(posted this from home)
my home ip is 76 dot 29 dot 4 dot 91. come find me :p

from work, it shows california since everything is piped through scansafe :D

Same here. Dead center of the circle. - that's usually where SuperNade panhandles.

google maps wouldnt search by ip for me.. :( but info sniper was prety close about 10 miles north lol google sent me to that.. google dont like me!

I don't remember but this was done through speedtest.net.I clicked on something and it showed a store 5 blocks from me and that stupid google pin was right on the store.I can't duplicate it to see if it comes up differently.How are you guys getting there?

i'm just using a site which will take your ip and give your coordinates (long & lat) which i can enter into google maps.

Back