• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seiko LED-LCD L4262B1J 2x24 char HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGhengisKhan

BANNED TROLL -Per Silversinksam
I just picked up a Positron TDD keyboard for free (model #912112/7)
It has a Seiko (LED-lit) L4262B1J 2x24 character display LCD at the top of the keyboard. Info Here
Does anyone have any resources on where to get a controller for this LCD that I will be able to connect to my computer (USB, Serial, Parallel, whatever...) or any ideas on how to use the PCB from the keyboard to connect it to my PC to be able to display whatever I want (temps, winamp stats, voltages, etc, etc...)
I've googled my heart out and can only find the Seiko site above with info on this LCD unit, and the display controller from there costs about $65.00 USD :eek:

This is a pretty slick looking LCD, but if I can't find a cheaper way to run the thing, it's just gonna be going in the trash. :(

after some more research I've found this
and this

now is this all I'll need? since the data info appears to be compatable? I don't wanna go hooking this up according to the guide and end up frying the LCD or my printer port (possibly even my mobo)

also, i found that it may make a difference what kind of printer port my computer has, mine is an ECP printer port, with the pinouts listed here

any suggestions on how to hook this up?

The lcd is mounted on a small pcb with a bunch of electronic.....stuff, right?

See if one of the chips is an HD44780.

If it is then I may be able to help, if not.....no clue.

It worked!!
Kinda...

It's now displaying info on the LCD, I'll post pics once I've hooked up the LED leads (didn't bother until I knew the LCD was working)

One more problem though, I'm running LCDcenter2.0 to program it, pretty simple interface. But one thing, I'm running MBM version 5.3.3.0 and I think they changed the commands to read temps with the latest update of MBM. does anyone know what I need to put in for each of the sensors? like Temps, Voltages, etc, etc...

Back