• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rafjr00

I'm trying to start an account with Seti, but it keeps telling me that "no account with that email exist." I'm trying as a new user.

Seems odd....are you using the Command Line Client or the Screensaver?

In both there are two options the first one is the one you need. It said something like new user account. And it only asks for an e-mail address. Try it again you should be able to get it working.

If you already have an account, maybe you are mispelling your e-mail. Go to the SETI@home page and try all the e-mail that you are feeding to the program. So far I know, it is not case sensitive. If for some reason you mispelled your e-mail, you should create a new account, as the e-mail address is one of the most important data that SETI uses to manage your account.

No problem.....

To clarify this: as soon as you click on the Command client (or when SETIDriver opens it) a DOS window appear. In it the client ask for an option:

1.-Create new account.
2.-Open an existing account.

If you select 1, then it ask for an e-mail address, adter you feed it, you are ready to go.

Back