• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I upgrade my pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zbarnes

Registered
My WC loop consists of a t-line, swifty 6002 (1/2") cpu block, '77 Bonneville Heatercore (dual 120mm fans, 1/2"), and an mcw50 (1/2") gpu block. I'm running a Eheim 1250 for the pump, but its big, bulky, and doesn't fit inside my case.

However, my radiator isn't inside either, so its not that big of a deal to mount it outside. I'm trying to decide whether I should go for a smaller DC pump that would fit inside the case.

To be worth it, it would need to have the following:
-low heat into the system
-enough pressure to get through a cpu, gpu and '77 bonne heatercore
-DC, and not draw too much power (I have an OCZ GameXstream 600W powering everything)
-quiet
-smaller than the eheim 1250

I'm trying to decide if the Aquaxtreme 50z-dc12 is worth the extra $$ over my eheim 1250 that I currently have.

Will temps be affected?

Also, Is http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...ROD&Product_Code=AQX-50Z-DC12&Category_Code=P the only place to find these in stock? None on ebay or froogle, so I guess $75 is the cheapest.

Thanks for the suggestions

D5 is your best bet. It fits through all of your requirements, and it's TINY. Like, palm sized tiny. It's $75 from almost everywhere I believe.

SolidxSnake said:
D5 is your best bet. It fits through all of your requirements, and it's TINY. Like, palm sized tiny. It's $75 from almost everywhere I believe.

I have heard that this puts out about 3x the heat as the aquaxtream 50z. Is there any reason why you recommend it over that, or is it just because of the size?

D5 FTW. I love this thing, I have over 6 90 deg angles and it powers through them all.

EDIT: The D5 also has more head pressure and higher flow, it is also smaller and has a mounting bracket.

Here's mine all mounted up in my case.
100_1658.jpg

The D5 is the pump of choice if you're upgrading. If you want quieter and smaller than the D5 the DDC+ (18W) with a Radiical top is a better choice but it also costs more ...

QuietIce said:
but it also costs more ...
Definetly not more expensive, $75 is more than I wanted to give in the first place.

It looks like the 50z is about 1cm bigger than the D5 (not much), 3x less heat output, 3.2m head (vs. 3.1m for the D5), but less max flow.

They are both around the same price. Now I don't know which way to go... My case is blue and so is the 50z :)

Arrgg... I'm so indecisive

Back