• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IIRC that MSI board was top notch :thup: IIRC Intel liked DDR3 speed over timings. It's nice to have someone close that can step-in when you have questions/problems.

IIRC that MSI board was top notch :thup: IIRC Intel liked DDR3 speed over timings. It's nice to have someone close that can step-in when you have questions/problems.

Yeah I really like this board. :D
Well i don't think this kit will do high frequencies... But yeah, it's good to have someone who can help at these things.

For DDR3 look for G.Skill Pi or Flare and corsair doms in the 2000 MHz range CL7 or CL 8 these kits can go up to 2400 cl 8 or better. Then you have the Gskill 2400 CL9 but that's pushing it for Sandy.

For DDR3 look for G.Skill Pi or Flare and corsair doms in the 2000 MHz range CL7 or CL 8 these kits can go up to 2400 cl 8 or better. Then you have the Gskill 2400 CL9 but that's pushing it for Sandy.

I know I should look for those, but those are impossible to come by in Hungary. I had a gskill kit that did 2700C8... I now regret that I sold it. :D

They're not very common here either just have to watch the sale threads/sites. If you get desperate hit me up. I'm a bit of a hoarder but shipping will be ridiculous.

mem collection.jpg

They're not very common here either just have to watch the sale threads/sites. If you get desperate hit me up. I'm a bit of a hoarder but shipping will be ridiculous.

View attachment 208726

Well, yeah, the shipping would be very expensive from Canada to here. But Canada is one of the countries that's on my "to move there after I finished uni" list, so maybe it isn't even needed to ship a kit to Hungary. :D

Welcome to the forums Indy!

I don't know if there is a post count to unlock PMs, but if you're using the desktop version of this site you can click on the members name and you should get a small pop up menu. Listed in that menu is "send member a private message" or something to that effect. If you are on a mobile device clicking on their name takes you to their profile page and on the left side bar there should be an option to sent then a PM.

Alternatively, you could post your questions here and just wait for that member (and others) to respond. BMW Baxter is a regular here and would likely reply in just a few days.

thanks, Blaylock. I get the pop-up, but it doesn't have a pm option, so I'm assuming I need a certain number of posts before I get that. Thanks again for your reply!!!!

edit: I works now, after having enough posts :)

Last edited:
Here is a blast from the past. Does anyone else remember Stasis Thermal? We used to have a member here from that team, and they did these full copper heatsinks for the 6000 series nvidia cards. I had one of them for my 6800GT that lasted me a couple of years.

Picture 025.jpg
Picture 021.jpg
P1010052.JPG

That is a chunk of copper sitting on that video card! No wonder you're using a Card Keeper to hold it in place. What are the rest of the PC spec's?

Here's my GF 6800 Ultra AGP with a Zalman cooler? :D

I have one of the Zalman CPU coolers too, currently sitting on an FM2 APU.

100_0687.JPG

That is a chunk of copper sitting on that video card! No wonder you're using a Card Keeper to hold it in place. What are the rest of the PC spec's?

So that was actually from the first PC I built with new parts after getting a job and a tax return, I think it was 2004, with revisions in 2005. Here were the specs at that time:

Case: Lian-Li V1000B
PSU: Fortron 530W Purple
Motherboard: Gigabyte K8NS Ultra-939
RAM: 4x 512MB Mushkin DDR 400(?)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with a Zalman CNPS7700-Cu
GPU: XFX GeForce 6800 GT pushing dual 19" Samsung SyncMaster 997DF CRT Monitors
Audio: BlueGears X-Mystique 7.1
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 80GB + Seagate Baracuda 7200.1 250GB
Mouse: Logitech MX510 (Blue) on an X-Raypad Thunder 8 mouse pad (similar to FunC)
Keyboard: ViewSonic KU206

In 2006 I upgraded to an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe with an A64 X2 3800+, delidded and used a Scythe Ninja 2 to cool it, running dual 7800GTs pushing an IBM P260 21" CRT and one of the Samsung CRTs.

I still have the system in the same case, in 2006 configuration, I have it stored away for when I get that nostalgic XP era gaming itch. It was a time in my teenage years that really pushed me into my custom PC addiction and I met a lot of friends from here on the OCForums that I still converse with regularly. Lots of fond memories of PC tech during that time and an exciting time to be building PCs, with 64-bit CPUs and multicore processors just beginning to be a thing. Everything I built or played around with prior to this system was 286-386-486-Pentium-AMD t-bird, etc.
Post magically merged:

View attachment 216075
This looks a lot like the single 7800GT I had after the 6800, same zalman heatsink and ramsinks too...earie.....

Back