• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sigh, games been crashing for 2 years with same exception code....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zakarro

I am experiencing are totaly random CTDs of any game I play, it has been happening In Win 7 and now with Win 8.1. All same kind of crash with same exception code. Also with practically last 2 rebuilds. All different hardware.
Games have been Battlefield 4, Hitman Absolution,Left 4 Dead 2 and now Red Orchestra 2.

Here is what reliability monitor report has to say about the latest crash:

Source
rogame.exe

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎12/‎21/‎2014 9:26 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Red Orchestra 2\Binaries\Win32\ROGame.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: rogame.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 546a27fd
Fault Module Name: rogame.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 546a27fd
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0094fa88
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.72
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 078a
Additional Information 2: 078a57ba7a37fb4452fe9949fa59313f
Additional Information 3: 364b
Additional Information 4: 364beee17112f4c592ca34c5232aae18

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: b83e86c0321bee3b71e8a5f1fff40e63 (73667466408)

Notice the exception code, c0000005,every single CTD with every game was giving this same exception code....
At first I suspected a hardware problem since that code usually means defective RAM. Thing is I have tried everything I could think of. System is not overclocked, ran memtest on each stick individually with no errors, swapped RAM with memory from a functioning computer,RMAed mobo, even just swapped video, and still same problem. Only part I havent touched is PSU. Also to rule out software issue I tried running driver verifier, but when I restart it doesnt seem to be doing anything. Also ran chkdsk with strict paramaters.

Someone please for the love of god help me out, this has been going on for ages and I always have been able to solve computer issues on my own but this has me totally stumped and is a mystery to me and Im fed up with it to tell you the truth.

My system specs are posted in my signature if you are interested.

NOTE: Lately its only happening in Red Orchestra 2. Only have that and Payday 2 installed, havent crashed in Payday.... yet. But I think Ill get BF4 activated again to see, always used to crash in that.

couple of things.

new hardware - have you reused any of the old hardware?

in the past on Asus boards (asus commando) i have had a problem with 4+ gigs of ram and had to go into the bios and turn on memory remap feature or sometimes its called memory hole by default it was disabled

couple of things.

new hardware - have you reused any of the old hardware?

in the past on Asus boards (asus commando) i have had a problem with 4+ gigs of ram and had to go into the bios and turn on memory remap feature or sometimes its called memory hole by default it was disabled

Only PSU is same

Yeah I know what your talking about in BIOS, it has a different name. Remapping was whew what all brands called it even before 64 bit days.

Ill give it a try, im still tinkering around here.

Worst comes to worst, nuke Windows, throw Avast or something light on it, install drivers and try it again.

Make a system image first so you can revert if the above doesn't work.

Worst comes to worst, nuke Windows, throw Avast or something light on it, install drivers and try it again.

Make a system image first so you can revert if the above doesn't work.

Nuke? I frrigen H bombed all HDDs numerous times with internal secure erase ccommands over this so many times.

Besides this is a fresh install with brand new SSD and HDD.

I wasnt crashing for a week till now. I dunno I think its a driver issue. As far as im concerned all drivers are up to date. Except I reverted AHCI driver to default windows one cause in benchmarks its giving better performance then AMDs driver. I dunno Im back to AMDs drivers lemme play some RO2 all night long to see if it crashes.

Btw, sparky I checked bios, remapping is already enabled, I tryed disablingn it and got less RAM, instead of 16 gigz it was saying in only 14.9 usable. So I renabled it.

UPDATE:
Nope it wasnt the AHCI driver, just crashed, happens to be same map as before. Barashka right when I get into a tank. I would complain that its a game problem but I doubt it since other games were giving same crash. The crash happens on this map and so far once on the map apartments upon joining a team.

Still tinkering around, changed DEP setting to windows programs only instead of all see if that helps.

Going to also resinstall all games that crashed before and test drive. (I dread BF now but for the sake of stability testing....) This ticks me off cause I cant OC system till I get it stable at defaults.

This may sound a little silly, but do you have a spare power supply on hand? Perhaps it's giving dirty power, and is causing instability somewhere?

This may sound a little silly, but do you have a spare power supply on hand? Perhaps it's giving dirty power, and is causing instability somewhere?

That would be my last resort. But I found something new.
Specifically this:

http://forum.radeonpro.info/bug-reports/159-civilization-5-crash

Yes different game but same kind of crash. I do happen to run radeon pro. I have disabled it for now to troubleshoot, if I see stability then that will be the culprit and like the poster says in the end it was a pagefile problem. Right now I have my pagefile in automanage but its around 2 gigz, might be too low, if thats the case I will raise to 4 gigz like OP of that thread says.

Mituari should realease a new version of radeonpro this version is already almost 2 years old.

Yes. If your pagefile is set to Auto or "System Managed" it will grow as needed. If it hasn't changed the max, then you haven't used more than that. Pretty simple. ;)

http://serverfault.com/questions/27...stem-managed-size-mean-for-a-windows-pagefile

Hmm, well Ill post results still playing RO2 waiting for that specific map again since the problem is reproduceable their. Funny I joined an empty server with the map and it didnt happen. But my regular server with 64 players load right when match starts and I close tank hatch boom crash. So if its reproduceable now then Its easier to troubleshoot. Radeonpro off for now. Im gonna be pissed if it still crashes.

UPDATE:

Ok I think were on to something here, just played thhat map for 30 min no crashes, RadeonPro disabled. Now I increased pagefile to 4 gigz and am running radeonpro again to see if it still crashes. Hope I can post prefix solved soon. If not time to go ask Mr Matauri how to get this working right, hes the creator and guru of this app.

Time to talk to the creator of RadeonPro I found the culprit. Period if radeonpro is running I crash. If I uninstall no crash time to find out why.

Why do you run radeon pro anyway? Is there functionality in there that CCC or afterburner doesn't do? I rock a 295x2 and don't use it...

Why do you run radeon pro anyway? Is there functionality in there that CCC or afterburner doesn't do? I rock a 295x2 and don't use it...

I dont use radeonpro to OC, I use it for tweaking. You can do many things CCC wont. Force SMAA, SweetFX, Force high cpu priority, adjust texture mipmap detail etc....

Check it out. Im tinkering around, might have solved this by adding games exe to compatibility list of advanced radeonpro section.

I know fully what it is/does, I just use the in game AA and CCC quality settings. ;)

I need SMAA for this rez dude.

In any case Im tinkering around with radeonpro to get it working right, finally its funy after almost two years I know it was friggen radeonpro causing the crashes lol.

Back