• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Single board computers: which is the best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its to bad they didnt have the chance to add usb 3.0 to the Pi 3. using a usb 3.0 to sata adapter for some ssd action would be cool.

was doing a bit of reading on arm and boinc client,headed back over to the odriod site. they now list the C2 amlogic arm quad@2ghz with 2gb of ram for $40!!
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G145457216438
man im glad i didnt buy anything yet was thinking a army of c1+'s running boinc... since HK has andriod iso's i could run andriod boinc client and be off running! now the question is which would be better andriod boinc or linux boinc on arm...

I wish to thank all who advised me and provided links to the various products out there in the wild...I think I will wait for the Rpi3...as I think it is a game changer, and these SBC's will be the future of desktop computing...I think except for the extreme gamers, the tower is doomed. I could be wrong...I have been b4
But Thanks anyhow...this has been a great thread.

For basic work tasks they are perfect, plenty fast and hardly any power usage. With the updated c2 for 4k support, a perfect media playback box.

...I think I will wait for the Rpi3...as I think it is a game changer....

Get em while they are hot !! Got mine Pre-Ordered from microsoft store ... supposedly available March 31st .. we'll see how long it actually takes to get

edit:

little bummed beings I could have gone through amazon prime and had this already ..

Last edited:
I'm thinking that the Rpi3 if it can run Android, that would be great. I would be a frequent visitor to the playstore mostly to download games that I already play, like "Brothers in arms 3" "GTA Vice city" "Max Payne" etc.
It would be an excellent way to try out different versions of Android from KItKat to whatever they decide to call Android N and beyond, although someone at Google or Cyanogen would need to compile a kernel specific to the Rpi3 I guess. If Google were really smart, they would jump on the enthusiast bandwagon and start supporting the Rpi3, and maybe even the Rpi2 b+ right away.
Funny thing is, I can see a future where there are as many OS choices for the Rpi3 as Linux is in general terms.

Back