• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sk-6 and 80mm fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't have the heatsink yet... I'm looking for a very inexpensive cooling solution, and noticed a shop here has them on discount. I'd like to be able to use my exesting panaflo L1A's.

Fits fine, you can even use the clips. it will overlap, so you have to do some cleaver placement, but it does work. if you dont want to do that though, just guy an oly 80 mm fan, screw two corners of it to your fan, and in the spaces that you didnt screw, you can use the clips to hold it on there. the clips slide between the spacer and your fan. so its pretty secure. might have to bend your clips a little for more retention.
i did this on my sk7, and again on my sk6+. works fine.

Valk said:
i did this on my sk7, and again on my sk6+. works fine.

How did the sk6 compare to the sk7? I've had a sk7 before so I'd like to get some picture of the cooling power... Did you ever use them with a similar fan?

on my tbred b 2100.. there was only a 3º difference. the only major difference between them is the stepping of their fins. the sk7 is taller and has more surface area, but you can get by with a sk6 if your in this range. i would always pick a 947 now. but the sk6 is more than suitable for moderate overclocking. it kept mine at 40º @2500 mhz.

That's just what I wanted to hear! I can get the sk-6 for 14€ (17$) each and it seems like an appropriate price for a cooler on a budget dual processor computer.

For comparison, other local prices:

947 without a fan 52€ (close to 60$)
slk800 without a fan 49€ (also close to 60$)
sp97 with a papst 81€ (close to 100$)

Back