• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Skyrim issues, and wanting to overclock my APU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just found out..my Gigabyte board has 2.0 PCI-E 2.0. Would a PCI-E 2.1 work in it? Or is it completely incompatible?

Same difference. They are all backwards compatible. You can plug a PCI-E 3.0 device into a 1.0 slot and it will run(albiet kinda ****tily).

I bought a 140mm top fan..that should help. I've been doing the folding@home, and the cpu fan keeps kicking on higher than it normally does, just to the point where I can hear it above the case fans, which are deadly silent.

I ordered a 140mm top fan that's getting air into the case where the CPU is, so that's helping a lot.
Some questions on overclocking..
My bios has some options. CPU clock ratio which I have set at x31 which changed it to 3224 or something like that mhz

and CPU Frequency, which the BIOS says it changes the FSB. I have it at 104mhz.

So, do I need to move them at the same rate, like if I adjust the clock ration by one, do I need to adjust the FSB as well?

Is there a program that can just start overclocking for me, and then show the results back to me? I just don't have the time to test stuff for very long.

With the A series you dont want to mess with the bclk if you can avoid it. More than 4-5 mhz will start to effect PCI-E devices and SATA severely.

First set DRAM E.O.C.P. to "Profile 1" that will set the XMP profile for your memory.
Go down to the DRAM voltage and bump it like .025-0.5 so if its 1.6v ram raise it to 1.625 or 1.65v if its 1.65v ram raise it to 1.675 so on and so fourth. This will help ensure you dont get memory errors.

Next try these settings:

Bclk 100
CPU Multiplier 36x
GPU speed set to 800mhz

raise these voltages
FCH set to like 1.175v
CPU-NB by +.05
CPU-vCore +.075

Thats not going to give you a maximum overclock but it should give you a more rounded system.

A CM 212 Evo Cooler is a good one and a must for overclocking APU's, your not just getting the heat from the CPU but also the GPU as its all in the same DIE, grab yourself one and you will be fine :)

AMD's CPU coolers are not much good, even the CoolerMaster made one you get with Phenom II's are not adequate for anything much past stock, they are simply supplied to make it work or get you going and that's it.

Last edited:
I don't have a vcore option for under/over volting.

Anyway, without messing with the voltages, the most I can get is 3.4 ghz. I tried the settings without any voltage messing, and it BSed on me right after the windows orbs got done doing their thing.

I don't have a vcore option for under/over volting.

Anyway, without messing with the voltages, the most I can get is 3.4 ghz. I tried the settings without any voltage messing, and it BSed on me right after the windows orbs got done doing their thing.

Sure you do. The CPU-NB voltage offset and CPU vCore are at the bottom of M.B.I.T. page. You just have to toggle voltage control to manual.

No, I'm serious. I went and set everything to manual, and I couldn't find the vcore, unless I have something else that I have to access.

You have the exact same motherboard in my wifes system. It is the very bottom option in the mothberboard tweaker page. CPU-NB is the option directly above it.

Anyway to stop the annoying camera shaking when someone hits you? I find it a waste of my time, and it's just annoying.

Anyway to stop the annoying camera shaking when someone hits you? I find it a waste of my time, and it's just annoying.

Set up a device that exactly and instantly mimics the movement of the camera, insert head into device. Voila, no more shaking!

OK, I finally took the time to try the settings you suggested. Is there a site that you guys suggest that is dedicated to OC'ing the APU? I mean, step-by-step, etc?
I booted fine with everything but the GPU being OC'ed. So, here goes everything.

Back