• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI Bridge.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Is a SLI bridge proprietary to the motherboard. I ask because I tried to different ASUS branded ones and no go. I took the one out that came with the Giga board and it recognized the bridge without a hiccup. Just seems odd to me since it's just a strap and I can't believe the other two are just no good.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I have been able to swap all my bridges, both sli and xfire from brand to brand.

OP
Johan45

Johan45

I have used predominantly ASUS boards to date so I really had nothing to base it off of. I just find it odd that both the SLI bridges didn't work this time.

OP
Johan45

Johan45

It must be a driver thing. The bridge worked for Win10 but not Win7(dual boot) so I'll have to pull a card and start again. I didn't think it would be something like that but hey these critters seem to have a mind of their own some days

wingman99

It must be a driver thing. The bridge worked for Win10 but not Win7(dual boot) so I'll have to pull a card and start again. I didn't think it would be something like that but hey these critters seem to have a mind of their own some days
Post back if reinstalling on windows 7 works?

Here's an old pic with only 1 card installed...bottom left:
That is a big bridge, cool light.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi

Yeah - that is a 3-way bridge. They have 2-way, but I thought this one looked cooler.

The light is default white, but comes with 3 different overlays to change the color.

The light only activates on certain model cards (says which ones on their website)

OP
Johan45

Johan45

Post back if reinstalling on windows 7 works?

It'll be a few days. I'm on to something else tonight/tomorrow. Going to freeze some things again.

OP
Johan45

Johan45

I do CD I really do.
Turns out it was just the driver but it was a real PITA to get it to finally accept the SLI. Always saw two cards just couldn't join them.

OP
Johan45

Johan45

Yeah, I figured they were since it's just a connection, just thought it was funny that switching to the giga worked but only in Win10.