• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slight problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Talon101

anyone else have this problem, i just installed a thermaltake smart case fan 2, it worked fine when i powered up the machine, then i decided to put the sensor onto it... i thought everything was going fine, when i opened up the case the fan wasnt moving and the sensor fell out. i dont know if this is a problem, but i powered off the pc, put it back in the cpu, when i turned on the machine, no go. i took the sensor off and just let it go full speed, turn the machine on, no go. do i just have a defective fan or did it burn out or something...

Does you machine boot, any beeps etc?

Did you have any temp warning enabled in the bios?

BTW - did you have the probe under the CPU and the wire connector came off or was the probe elsewhere and it came unstuck?

Does your computer start at all? anything? lights? power? If not then its possible you fried your CPU, possible im not saying it is. If you have another motherboard to test the CPU in I would.

Also its possble the motherboard is shorting on the case and is grounding itself out.

This happened to my bro's computer last week. I took the mobo out and powered it up outside the case, it worked, then I put it back in and everything was a go.

Back