• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slot A @650 how do i find true chip speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geforce

ok guys i have a slot A athlon @650 i have opend up the case and have looked for the sticker that i have been told tells you the true chip speed.
the only sticker i can see is white and it reads like this

0100034226560bba a

so how do i tell what speed the chip is i am hopeing u guys will tell me its a 1000mhz lol looking at the number near the start on the first line,if so i take it this chip will clock to 1000mhz is this correct,i am going to use a abit ka7-100 mobo is this a good mobo to overclock as i have used kt7-raid mobos when useing the tbirds and they seem to let u overclock ok.
and will i be able to use normal cooling,i mostley use a fan at the front of the case to blow in cold air and a fan at the rear to suck out the warm air.

thanks for your time guys and if u can get back to me asap

thanks

Well, I opened a classic 750 and seen the same string of digits starting with 01000 on that sticker. Hmm, I thought that was a gig core but now Im not so sure. My chip will not OC above 950 no matter what, and this is with a gfd and k7v mobo.

Have heard that you can really find out if you take off the heatplate and see on the middle chips core itself....but thats not easy.

By the way, do you know what fab and week your chip was made? That is on the second row of digits on the case spine and also on that sticker inside.

Mine starts with 230027, which indicates my chip was made at Fab 23 on the 27th week of 2000, which seems kinda new for a classic 750. Do you have your numbers handy? If so, please post them here.

We might not have the great cores we thought.......

You have to take the heatplate off and read the numbers that are located on the core. Those will read something like
K7600CURAFC
9947CPLW
The first set of numbers is the most important, that reads a K7 - 600Mhz. Make sure that you CAREFULY take the heatplate off, especially if you want to put the plate back on so that you can mount the stock heatsink....

Back